Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a friend with a '89 wrangler 4 banger and he wants to swap in something with more power, but not so much power that he would have to swap out the drive train. hopefully something common that can be found at a junkyard and that parts are plentiful. any suggestions? i just got done bragging up how great this board is so don't let me down! thanks all.

shawn

The cup isn't half full or half empty, it's just twice the size it needs to be!!!

G

·
It mostly comes down to $$$ how much does your friend have or want to spend? With some swaps he will have to buy adapters, and they can be spendy, I have a 71 cj5 with a 289 ford in it. Some parts are hard to find to make the swap and replacement parts have to be bought from other than jeep part dealers. The jeep runs and performs great, But alot of work had to be done to make the swap. There are all kinds of combos you can run it coms down to how much work and money you want to put into it. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
get a I-6.. 258 or the 4.0 with fuel injection.. probably more of the 4.0's around in the junkyards.. with the mid sized cherokee's running them..

http://www.jeepgod.net

84 CJ-7 401/T-18/D20/D44/D60w/4.10&Detriots/YJ frame & tub/35x16x15 Boggers
survival is instinct, but living takes guts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Give more info, what you are trying to achieve? depending on what he is trying to achieve, the engine may be the last modification he will want/need to do in a long line of swaps, that are more productive.

Jeff
89 YJ
Wow, you can get a nice tan on your arms, from welding with no shirt on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.