Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'82 CJ-7: My speedo needle bounces 5-10 mph while driving. I changed the speedo cable with no improvement. Anything else I can do? I'd hate to get a new one, I like showing off the 210,500 miles on it!

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
There is usualy some adjustment at the input to the T case(to allow fror different sized gears to be installed. Sometimes the adjustment can be off(usually a cam type adjuster at the cable connection), its typicaly just a matter of loosening a screw and rotating the cam untill it meshes the T case gear propperly with the speedo cable gear. It may be a worn speedo cable gear also. It could also be a worn cable connection at the speedometer(the little square tube that receives the square speedo input.

Jeff
89 YJ
Wow, you can get a nice tan on your arms, from welding with no shirt on.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Mine does this also and I posted a question about it a couple weeks ago. The answers I got were to lube the cable and something about grease in the speedometer gauge. I haven't tried anything yet though. It adds character to the Jeep. Please post a solution if anyone gets it to stop bouncing.

80 CJ7 258 T176
36X12.5 Swampers
Fiberglass body

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.