Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking of going to a borla cat exhaust and headers any known drawbacks? Oh yeah this would be added to a 91 YJ, any comments welcomed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
According to Four Wheeler, the Borla cat back and header combination is very good. An average increase of 10% in fuel economy and an increase of power that ranges from 10% to 30% at peak RPM. Go for it. I will.

Hope this helps
A.B.

· Registered
4,060 Posts
Cherokee 4.0 HO engines came from the factory with tube-type headers. I just thought all you junkyard fans out there would like to know...and yes they will bolt right onto your Wrangler 4.0 HO

· Registered
657 Posts
Mostly fitment problems. The header ended up having to be heated to get it to fit right, but this was after he forced it on and broke a manifold bolt. Another thing that he mentioned was the exhaust that exits the header ran underneath the oil pan, so he a shop fabricate one that wasn't so close. Apparently he was losing oil pressure because the pipe was to close and boiling the oil. These are some problems he had so I would inspect it closely.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Has 'Four Wheeler' ever met a product they didn't like? And what is
with the guesstimates. Put the damn thing on a dyno and tell me the
truth. What EXACTLY was the horsepower gain? At what RPM? How much
EXACTLY did the gas mileage change?

It's easy to make statements when no one asks for proof.

Just my opinion.

Ron R. - 90 YJ w/OME

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey I see that you live here in s. fla. what colors is your jeep? Did you go to the big tee trip with planet off-road? Nice name by the way

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.