Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kewl Guys! Thanks. Nice to know I did it right. Now. . . . Talk to me about getting rid of the center bolt. What are te Major advantages to that? Does it matter if It removed for street driving?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey Mike, I'm no engineer, but with extended shackles, my guess is that the center bolt helps avoid the shackle from wrapping one way at the springs, and the other at the body, possibly snapping... (what kind of force would that be!) /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

Just remember to bring tools, and loosen 'em for wheelin'... too scary without...

Jon-YJ94
a work in progress
[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, I completely dont understand now. I never herd anything about loosening the shackels. I've dont alot of wheeling with out. Even with the sway bars Disconnected. Had no problems. What/Where do I loosen.
Thanks for the help!
///mcb

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike, if you have stock shackles, there is no "center" bolt... Most after market shackles have a center bolt/nut combo that is always torqued, and maintains pressure on each side of the shackle. The bushings/bolts are specified to a looser torque, allowing travel and increased play. The center bolt can be loosened to increase travel/play.

Make sense?

Check out http://www.mountainoffroad.com for more pix... I'm sure someone here has a website with pix, right?

Jon-YJ94
a work in progress
[email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.