Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently got my zook on the road and finally worked out the bugs so I'm laughing! after an hour of cruisin around I come to a stop at the lights when suddenly I feel a vibration from the front end .The vibration felt kinda like faulty water pipes when you turn your faucet . the vibration went away above 5 miles but then it would get noisy I checked the zook over, the clutch, the brakes , you name it I checked it, I put my hand over the front diff and almost burnt my hand! what!? turns out I left my left hub in the locked position the whole time! with the luck i've been having lately I'm sure the diff blew before the hub did - bummer!

mike

·
Registered
247 Posts
OUCH that had to hurt hope its not to bad

88 zuki,s/r,header,1600,locked in the rear and weber carb. with mitsu seats and 2"inch pipe
87 zuk spoa (new project)
IF GOD IS YOUR CO-PILOT SWAP SEATS

·
Registered
675 Posts
It shouldn't have got hot. Check your fluid level. If you have your pinion at to steep of an angle it might not be getting any gear fluid. I drive all the time with my hubs locked. It is no different than the new trucks that are full time four wheel drive or even the newer Jeeps. One hub stays locked up all the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.