Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While picking up a few odds and ends at the parts store, I noticed a bedliner kit which seemed to contain all the same materials that the Herculiner kits contain; however, it was Bondo brand. My question is does anyone have any experience with this brand of roll-on bedliner, and is is comparable to Herculiner or is it just junk?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've seen the Bondo brand at VIP auto stores in Maine, it's quite a bit cheaper than Herculiner.

Cheaper still is the Dupli-Color brand bedliner, sold at Walmart. Dupli-Color is the company that make all those spray can auto paints. I'm wondering if anyone has used that for $39 a gallon or the Bondo.

A couple of years ago, the Sam's club near me sold Herculiner kits for $90 with a free extra quart tossed in.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've heard that Dupli-color isn't any good. That's why I was wondering if Bondo had the same reputation.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
When I did the Herculiner inside and outside of our CJ7, a friend did his Toy cab with the Duplicolor stuff. He prepped his really good, did two coats and it is actually holding out pretty good, a couple of chips here and there, but I get them too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I work in a body shop in Northern California and we use alot of the bedliner products. We now stick with Herculiner because of it's durability and it's easy to use. The most important thing that I can stress is the prep work. If you don't follow the preperation guidelines that they recommend, then the stuff will peel off like an orange peel after a little bit. And make sure that you don't do it in direct sunlight because it will bubble up and it will speed up the curing process too quick. You can pick up a complete kit at www.4wd.com

·
Registered
333 Posts
Thanks for the info. I am going to do the bottom of my jeep and the inside of the tub this winter. What will the cold weather do to the drying stage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.