Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help I have an 84CJ7 with a 258 I6. My problem is a sensation of bogginess. Just had the motor rebuilt and a brand new carter bbl put in, but I can't understand why is it that when I floor it, It will start to sputter as if it were choking,or someone (put the old banana in the tail pipe trick),but if I gently ease into the gas she runs great and strong and when the street starts to rise......ooh brother forget it talk about a turtle.I even replaced the cat thinking that was the problem...nope. Then I removed all the smog stuff thinking I may have a blocked check valve or something............nope.check the floats on the carb.............nope.The only thing left if plug wires and fuel pump that could possibly be the prob. Can anyone else help with some guesses

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
How's your air intake? If it feels like it's choking, it may well be. Take the cover off the aircleaner and try it - just for a test.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.