Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to buy some 31x15.50x15,Goodyear terra tires,these are not tractor tires.they are for 4x4s and the tread design is continous W accross the tread.They come 2 and 4 ply,with the 4 ply being DOT approved.I now have 33x14.00x15 Boggers,which still dont flex enough for me,maybe to much air pressure 10/12lbs.What do you folks think,thanks RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM

G

·
Re: BOBBERS VS TERRA TIRES

I ran Terra tires on an offroad buggy (Army fast attack vehicle) for years. They flex like crazy ( true 2 ply sidewalls, not 2 ply with 4 ply rating) and have better bite than anything else I've run. If you don't run bead locks run tubes. Radial 12.50 x 16.5's are much cheaper and work just as well. They are not street legal and will wear quickly if you do run them on the street. They have enough bite I used to be able to break 914 cv joints. If they still made the original terra design in 11.50 x 15 I'd have a set. Let us know what you thinnk if you buy them

Skip

G

·

damn parker you were 2 steps ahead of me!!!!!!!

" Go Cheap n' Smooth or Forget about it!"

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/header/cherry bomb exhaust/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs

G

·

Rick, I just mounted the ones I got from Riff. They are 29X12.5X15Goodyear terras. If you can hold off till the melt, your more than welcome to try these puppies out before you buy. They have NO tubes in them tho. Wish I would have known about that before they were mounted/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

They are on zero offset rims also(4 inch backspace)

Let me know if you want to.

John
87 suzuski samurai

Attachments

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

skip,these are the original design.I have seen these on rescue truck in California back in the early 70s.RR

THANK GOD FOR VETERANS AND SUZUKIS-BOTH KEEP YOU FREE. FOUNDER;INDIANA SUZUKI EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM

G

·
hey rick just let the air down to 1.5 or 2 lbs. and run them up and down a dirt road for about 5 or 10 miles to break them in. we pulled the valve cores on jai birds rig that has a set of 31x12.5 thorn birds and you could barely tell the differance. jesse ran 1.5 lbs. last time in clayton and never lost a bead all weekend. but the tires looked [33x15.5sxs] small and measured about 30 ins. tall. but they climbed every thing he pointed it at. i would play around with what you have and make them flex later mike.

88.5ht,two87s,88.5 spoa,33X12.50,5.12 f&r,rock cage,4.16 T case

G

·
RR,
Like others have said, run them at 1.5 - 2 lbs and they'll do great. It''s where I ran them and loved 'em. Rolling the beads off was the only problem I had and that was why I tubed them. Cheaper than bead locks. Maybe not as high tech but it also protects the inside bead

Skip

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO,i will air down to 5# in back and use 8# in front due to the v-6 and 12,000# winch,ect.RR

G

·
hey guys this may seem like a dumb que but: Can these tires be run on the road??!!

" Go Cheap n' Smooth or Forget about it!"

Thanx
Studly
92 Zuki/235's/header/cherry bomb exhaust/Still Building
72 fj40/crate 350/33's/discs

·
Registered
2,535 Posts

What tires are you talking about, the Boggers or the Terra tires? I know that you can run the Boggers on the road, they are DOT approved, but not too sure about the Terra tires? I think that they look like ATV tires.
About the Boggers and not enough flex, When I was in Uharrie National Forest last April, I ran 5psi on my 35" Boggers. You couldn't even tell that I aired them down, but when I started to crawl over a rock you can see them flex over it. Your front end it a bit heavy then most, so your #'s seem right! Give that a try and let us know what you think.

-Brian
THE ULTIMATE ZUK
http://www.geocities.com/brianconrad1/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.