Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just completed getting my wrangler back together after lengthining the frame and body. I also installed 4.10s with a dana 60 and 44 with a SOA. I have been driving it locally just to get any bugs out of it that might crop up and noticed that when I put it in gear there seems to be a LOT of body raise and lowering, even more so when I'm in low range, about 6 inches. Are my springs, as torque is applied raising it up and down that much or maybe have I done something wrong. The springs I used are all 4 wagoneer pieces, 7 leaf in the rear and 5 leaf in the front. Good articulation maybe. Everything appears to be operating normally. Steve

Mopar360yj
87yj+20,74CHR.030360,SOA,35BFGATs,46RH,241DHD,
D60-44-4.10

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
do you happen to have anti hop bars of some sort or another on that? if so do they go up to the frame? if you do they may cause weight jacking like you mention, if not try having someone put it in gear while you are down looking at the suspension and see if you can figure out what is happening.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I've had a similar experience, do you run a Automatic? if so a higher engine idle than needed could cause some extra spring wrap-up raising your jeep while stopped and putting it into drive. another guess in very worn out shocks i drove my jeep without the shocks and was surprise at the body lean after completely stopping and also when going from park into gear. (i have a theory about why shocks (along with soft suspension) could do this but i don't think i could keep it very short)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't have any kind of traction bars, shocks are new, but the springs are used. By having the soa I wanted more leafs to help prevent spring wrapup, so thats why I went with the 7 leaf in the rear. I haven't had a chance to have my other half get in and torque up the motor in gear to see whats going on for sure, I think I can do this today. Back in my drag racing days, it was not uncommon for a car with super stock spings to raise and squat like that, but I've never expereinced that with a 4x4. Thanks for the replies, I'll do some more investigating. Steve

Mopar360yj
87yj+20,74CHR.030360,SOA,35BFGATs,46RH,241DHD,
D60-44-4.10

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.