Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I put a 2" lift on a Blazer before. The body is raised along with everything attached to it. I believe you will need to cut the radiator shroud so the fan will fit since the radiator is bolted to the frame and the shroud is to the body. The shift linkage will need to be lengthened. Make sure any brake, vent or vacume lines attached to the body have enough slack and lengthen if needed. That's about all I can think of right now. I know that a 2" is easier than an 3" because with the 3" you will need to lengthen the steering shaft, but that's not to say you won't need to since I haven't put a body lift on a Nissan. Make sure the kit has bumper relocation brackets so it looks right. I know most people prefer suspension lifts, but then you are increasing angles and stresses on the balljoints, steering linkage, torsion bars, etc. which causes them to wear much faster. That's my take on it. Good luck with whatever you choose.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not positive about the p/u's, but the Black Diamond 3" body for the Pathfinder is easy and very complete. You don't have to cut the shroud, or extend brake-lines even the steering linkage is fine no mod's necessary. The only changes I had to make were a shifter extention, which I used from a Dodge and re-threaded it, and I also needed to get longer body mount bolts because at the time their was no body lift available for a 95'. The rear bumper mounts are fine if you have an aftermarket bumper on, it can be raised without a problem, but the front bumper will have to be raised and pending on your style of bumper you will have to re-fab new brackets in order to raise it. The front can be a real pain in the ass at least with my ARB it was. I would recomend the 2" body it just looks a lot cleaner on the truck, and don't forget those lift lips, I know Cepec makes a good set, but I'm mot sure who else makes them.
Hope this helped and good luck!

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Remember God forgives "ROCK'S DON'T" /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts