Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 Tahoe I am going to put a body lift on (I think), I am wanting to clear 285/75R16 Tires on 16x8 Wheels. I am only going to go 2" Does this sound ok and is it MAJOR work to put this on? If so what is the best place to get the good body lift at as far as quality and best parts. Does anyone have any pics of 4 door Tahoes with body lifts on them? Thanks Andy

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Ummm, just so you know you can fit those tires on stock sized rims right now with no problem.
If you really want the 16X8's and the 285's there is still an easier and less expensive option, and that is to crank the T-bars a little and trim the rear portion of the fender (I think youkon97 did this and can talk you through that process).
If cutting just sounds bad then yep the body lift is the next option. Not too hard to do yourself if you have plenty of PB Blaster. I believe the concensus is that Performance Accessories' body lift is the best bang for the buck. I don't have any pictures, but if you go outside and imagine your truck with a low looking rear bumper, larger tires, a gap between the cabin and frame in the rear wheel well area, and what looks to be 2" more frame than you thought you had - well that's it. <--- It really isn't that bad, I just don't like body lifts.

I am in no way an expert on this subject, that's just from recelection of life experiences and stories here.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I trimmed about an inch of the rear portion of the fender. If i can get a hold of a digi camera, i can post some pics. I also trimmed very little of the airdam only because i didnt want to take it off. In general, i like what i did. Why spend a couple hundred extra when you can just trim a little bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.