Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Official Curmudgeon
4,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could have sent this as a PM but others may have some comments of their own.

You seem to have had SOME luck with getting some of the board bugs at least looked at.

In the past few months, I have done several searches that returned what I seemed to be looking for with the right thread subject but they take me to a totally different thread.

Example: Even though the post subject says "Re: Centrifugal vs. Centripetal", clicking on a link goes to a thread who's subject is TR upgrade voltage issue..

I've also found that attempting a search of a displayed page using ctrl-f, locks up my Internet Explorer even though it works fine on pages other than ORC threads.

Maybe we could compile a list of these problems and the list could be submitted rather than pelting the guy to death with popcorn by bringing up each little issue one at a time.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Dont use IE. FireFox works very well. No bugs on my end well not in a long time anyway

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
Tell me exactly what you're using for search criteria. I keep coming up with no matches found on "Centrifugal vs. Centripetal".

·
Official Curmudgeon
4,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Click on the word “Example” in my post above, it is a link to my search. At the top it should read, “Search results for query: centripetal”.

If the link doesn’t work for you, the search word is “centripetal” but you need to set the date range to newer than 7 years, older than 3 years or something that includes July of 2000. The default search is past 4 years.

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
Note that the posts that search finds are from July, 2000, while the search function specifies a maximum of 4 years old. The problem is most likely related to that, but I passed it on anyway. If it can't give a good answer, it shouldn't give any at all.

As for compiling a list of problems to pass along, I think it's better to present them as we find them. If they get a notification soon after making a change, they might remember what they did that cause the problem.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
When I click Taz's link I get this page. It shows me being logged in, but says, "We cannot proceed. You must be logged in to use the search engine". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts