Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Cherokee, like may others its age, has a slight blowby problem. It is not too bad, but enough to notice when looking at the air filter. So, thinking back to when I used to race go-karts, I made a catch tank out of pvc pipe to catch the oil blowby. It is really a simple concept. The pcv tube goes into the tank, and another tube goes out to the airbox, hopefully leaving the oil in the tank. I just put it together tonite, so I don't know well it works yet, but I will find out, and let you guys know.

1987 Cherokee 4.0L
200,000+ miles and still going...

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Yeah, my 2.8 has a bit of blowby also. To keep the oil out of the air cleaner, I installed an oil breather filter that mounts directly on the valve cover. I just have to change the breather more often than I had to before. I'm pretty sure that the blowby in my case is the pushrod guides. Your idea sounds good too. Good Luck!! /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
hehe I pulled the hose of the breather and taped up the box. Then cut off the top of a mountain dew botle and ran the hose into that and it works great as long as a keep emptying it outlol. I am going to get rustys air box kit so i can run dual batterys and will come up with something different then. SCRAM

The moment you are born you start to die so buy A Jeep and play hard!!!!!

It's All Out or Nothing At All!!!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts