Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has done the blazer blower motor upgrade? I need to know if it's off of an s10 blazer or a full size blazer and also what years to look for. I need to start preparing for the winter. My heater core needs to be replaced so i figured since i had it all apart I would do this upgrade. Can anyone help?
Alec

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Yep, we just did it. I believe it was a late 70's Blazer motor from the blazer with A/C. It did not just flop in like we thought it was going to, but it did work. The hole in the firewall needs to de relieved a little, and we had to regrind the motor shaft to slide the blower wheel up close enough to the motor. It made a lot of difference. CJDave '79 304 TH400QT

CJDave

G

·
Yeah, I got a rebuilt form local auto parts store, asked for a heater motor for a 73 Blazer with a/c. I think I paid about $20. I did have to enlarge the hole in the firewall, but not the regrinding of the shaft Dave mentioned. It blows ALOT more air - $20 well spent.
Shain

·
Official Historian
8,340 Posts
i did the same upgrade last winter. the first motor i got, the shaft was too long. i took it back and got another one that turned out to be the right one. i even was able to stretch the original foam seal over the motor. i paid about $24 for the motor. i also agree that taking the seat out and the dash loose will give you plenty of room. i did the whole project in about five hours. for cutting the hole, i ended up using a jig saw with a metal cutting blade. i agree with everyone else that it was money and time well spent.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.