Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a brand that makes black windshield hinges for a YJ? I don't want Steelhorse for obvious reasons and I'm not into shiny chrome or stainless but I need a quality replacement. Any ideas or do I have to go with stainless for quality? Thanks.

Donny

1987 YJ 258 I6, 5 Speed, TFI Upgrade, MSD 6A, TFX Exhaust, Smitty Sure Steps, Weber to install when it gets a bit warmer
1999 Cherokee Sport, Stock

G

·
Cost me $10 for a set of OEM hinges from a wrecker. Cost me $0 for black spray paint because I already had it. Took about 3 hours from having 1 blue and 1 red hinge, to having a nice set of gloss black hinges. That time is basicly sanding and watching paint dry. I pitty you for having to remove the old ones though. Not something I EVER want to do again.

'88 Sahara, 4.2, auto, 4.0 head swap (finally), no trac bars.

G

·
Donnyg:
Are yours frozen?
Mine were, I took them off the jeep, put them in a vise and heated the heck out of 'em with a torch, they freed up pretty quickly. I oiled them up and reinstalled. I plan to take them back off and sandblasted them clean and re paint. They are just not a lot of fun lining up the holes to put them back on so I an putting that one off for a while....

-Richard

Red 7 in the Green Mountain State
84 CJ7 / 258 / weber

torx: the root of all evil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.