Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a brand that makes black windshield hinges for a YJ? I don't want Steelhorse for obvious reasons and I'm not into shiny chrome or stainless but I need a quality replacement. Any ideas or do I have to go with stainless for quality? Thanks.

Donny

1987 YJ 258 I6, 5 Speed, TFI Upgrade, MSD 6A, TFX Exhaust, Smitty Sure Steps, Weber to install when it gets a bit warmer
1999 Cherokee Sport, Stock

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
1. Buy a used pair of OEM hinges.
2. Have 'em sandblasted.
3. Have 'em powder coated.

This will be less expensive than you think, and the stock OEM hinge material is pretty robust stuff.

G

·
Cost me $10 for a set of OEM hinges from a wrecker. Cost me $0 for black spray paint because I already had it. Took about 3 hours from having 1 blue and 1 red hinge, to having a nice set of gloss black hinges. That time is basicly sanding and watching paint dry. I pitty you for having to remove the old ones though. Not something I EVER want to do again.

'88 Sahara, 4.2, auto, 4.0 head swap (finally), no trac bars.

G

·
Donnyg:
Are yours frozen?
Mine were, I took them off the jeep, put them in a vise and heated the heck out of 'em with a torch, they freed up pretty quickly. I oiled them up and reinstalled. I plan to take them back off and sandblasted them clean and re paint. They are just not a lot of fun lining up the holes to put them back on so I an putting that one off for a while....

-Richard

Red 7 in the Green Mountain State
84 CJ7 / 258 / weber

torx: the root of all evil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts