Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Re: Black Diamond 3\" CJ lift kit?

I think mel85cj ran it. Black dimond went out of business, warn ran it for a while and then decided they wanted to dump it, suspose of ly a new company bought it. I'm not sure what they bought, it could just be the name, it could be the designs and everything so that it will be the same as it used to. So if you are looking at a new kit it's been on the shelf a while, where's it at? I know there's a fair amount of people on this board running super lifts (super rides i think?) and they really like the. Might want to try a more generaic post like a good lift kit for a cj.
BarrelRoll

97 TJ 30" ko's stock but not for long

G

·

I have the Warn Black Diamond 3" lift. It still needs some tweaking to get right. I didn't know what I was doing when I put it on. The poly bushing need to be planed down some as they are too tight. Flex isn't too important in the flatlands so I haven't gotten around to that yet.

K-16

G

·

They bought the whole warn black diamond name and lineup, they are supposidly reusing many of the products, and modifying others. Blackdiamondoffroad.com is new website, it isnt up yet though.

'85 Scrambler

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I saw on on the internet advertised earlier today and it was kind of high. I guess thats because they went out of business. The Skyjacker is what I was looking at but they just make a 2" and 4" lift right? I was trying not to go to high because my jeep's steering is real good and I'm afraid to mess with it by putting on a 4" lift. What do I have to do to keep my steering good when putting on a lift? Thanks, Andy

·
Registered
3,932 Posts

I think just a drop pitman arm is all you need with a 4" lift. Not sure how close to stock the steering remains with the drop pitman?

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gifEat, Sleep, JEEP/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
"James and the Giant Jeep"
1993 Wrangler 4.0/5spd, Herculined Interior, D44s w/Detroits and 4.56s soon to go SOA

·
Registered
1,234 Posts

Actually, the cost of that kit was a little higher priced than other kits were when they were still in business. I think I paid close to $600 for my kit (springs, bushings, shocks etc.). My thing was that (at the time) I didn't want a 4" lift, and I felt the 2 1/2" lift wouldn't clear 33" tires, so I asked around about the Warn Black Diamond 3" lift & got some good reviews so I went for it. At the time AustinJPR was running this lift also with favorable reviews.

-Mel

http://www.in2jeeps.com

·
Registered
1,125 Posts

Are any driveshaft or other mods need done with a 2-1/2 or 3" lift? I'm thinking of getting rid of my shackle lift.

80 CJ7 258 T176
36X12.5 Swampers
Fiberglass body

G

·

I'm running the BD 3" and it flexes real well. I also have 33" tires and they clear good. The front stuffs perfectly (no spring reversal) but the back eventually will hit the rear of the fender opening if pushed real hard (hasn't happened to me yet tho). Their new number is 1-(866)-680-6666. They kinda look like the OME springs, but a little taller and they also offer an add-a-leaf.

·
Registered
360 Posts

When I was out in Cruces for the Chili Challenge, a guy at the Superlift display claimed that they had just closed the deal on the Warn Black Diamond purchase. This was confirmed by the master of cerimonies at the BBQ dinner, he said that the deal was just done and details to follow, but there would be someone to support the lifetime warrantees.
Not sure if all of the specs will be the same on future springs though.
AustnJpr had actually bent one of those springs. During the process of the slight stretch of his truck he removed them. I now have 'em and waiting on a replacement before they go onto my daughters CJ7. They do seem like a nice set of springs, but if I were shopping new, I'd take a hard look at BDS.
Good pricing, military wrapped and seem to be building quite a following. /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

RocknCJ /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

for those who would trade a little freedom,
for a little security
...will soon find they have neither. /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Is the skyjacker lift a 2 or 2.5 inch lift, and what else would I need to add to clear 33's if I got it? Also, will I need to worry about driveshaft angles, and the pitman arm or any other things with a 2 or 3 inch lift? Thanks, Andy

·
Registered
288 Posts

i just got a Superlift 4" for my CJ and was wondering the same thing you are. any driveshaft or steering component problems.

92 blazer sport, 3" rough country/custom lift, 4.10 gears, 285/75 yok. geolander mt on stockers, warn x8000i on Trans4mer, flowmaster, k&n, 180,000 miles on original motor and tranny..ha ha.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.