Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not posted for awhile. I finally got my Bilsteins installed on my 83 720. I love them, great highway ride and they really soak up the bumps. The ride is a bit stiffer than my ES3000s were but that is an advantage to me. I would say that they are probably the best off the shelf shock on the market for your money. Only thing better would be true external bypass race gear.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I prefer a little stiffer ride also, so I've been using RS9000's so I can have them set nice and soft on the trails and set stiff for the road. I've always wondered about those Bilstiens but wasn't sure if they were worth the Bilstien Bucks??? Are these shocks you got adjustable or do they have resevour's?

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif"Go Solid or Go Home"/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Strider, is your 720 lifted at all? This winter I would like to put a 2" body lift, but keep the suspension as stock as possible with the exception of a good set of shocks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rancho does not make the rs9000s for my truck so I went with the Bilsteins. The shock are a self-adjusting monotube shock. To my knowlege they are the first monotube shock on the market for trucks. The monotube design give superior cooling characteristic to a twin tube design. I paid $55 dollars a shock for them,and I think that they are very worth it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rancho does not make the rs9000s for my truck so I went with the Bilsteins. The shock are a self-adjusting monotube shock. To my knowlege they are the first monotube shock on the market for trucks. The monotube design give superior cooling characteristic to a twin tube design. I paid $55 dollars a shock for them,and I think that they are very worth it. I have the superlift uppercontrol arm kit on my truck, so it is lifted about 2.5inches over stock. So in reality my suspension has been changed very little compared to stock. It just has a higher ride height. I bought the shocks from
www.theshockwarehouse.com I think that is the URL.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts