Off Roading Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
When I learned to drive our Mack, the previous owner was a good friend of mine who had grown up on twin sticks, manual steering and itty-bitty diesels (by today's standards). He tells stories about when Mack came out with the great big 711 and such. Before the Mack, I only had driven straight trucks...I learned with the 500 horse engine, the 12 speed single stick tranny with the splitter and extended range, and with power steering. Whenever I would over correct a little bit while backing up, or if I turned the wheel too rapidly, he would tell me that he was gonna pull the belt off of the p/s pump so I would learn to appreciate small steering corrections...

Trying to come up with a witty line to end all of my posts...

· Registered
6,355 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif Heh heh....Bob that's good....heh heh....that's REAL good/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif. Farmjeep....I cannot TELL you how many times I have threatened to do that VERY thing. I really hate it when drivers overcorrect and scub off all that rubber backin' in./wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif transfer case team.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.