Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Big snow storm \"peters out\" like Y2K did..

They predicted a BIG snow storm for us here in Southern Michigan last night and today.......8 to 12 inches........

I gassed my Jeep and snowblower up last night. I got up an hour early today (3AM ! ! !) and there was nothing on my driveway! I watched the Weather Channel and they showed it on radar coming closer. I traveled to work at about 80 MPH on I-94, still nothing happening. It finally started to snow and it came down all day, but it melted on the roads as fast as it fell. I came home and it was hardly worth plowing the snow out of my driveway....only about 3 or 4 inches.

Are weathermen Democraps? They sure can stretch the truth, make you feel needy and afraid, or maybe just can't do a decent job just like Democraps................

Loose nut behind the wheel
Another right-wing conservative.....
Born and raised in Jeep-Town

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Re: Big snow storm \"peters out\" like Y2K did..

Up here near Saginaw, I'd estimate at least 3 or 4" so far, and another round is coming, supposedly... I think I heard on the weather, there should be 2 or 3 distinct for lack of a better term I'll call 'em "mini-storms"... Each one supposedly might make 3 or there abouts inches... /wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif It's sticking to the roads here near Saginaw very well, and a bit east of me, there's quite a bit of ice on the roads too... /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

Tim
"The_Sandman_454"

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif '79 Suburban 4x4 454, 6" lift, 35x12.5s & '85 GMC S15 4x4

·
Registered
6,394 Posts

/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif At the risk of having some throw an old distributor at me, I would like to say that I have a real need to get into a knock-down-drag-out snowstorm. We have had a poopy, snowless winter, and there have been SO FEW times when I got to show off the SUPERIOR snow-handling abilities of my Select-Trac equipped Grand Cherokee. We NEED snow....sidways-blowing, snow-blinding, yuppie SUV-stopping, SNOW!
I REALIZE that because I haven't finished the SNOJEEP yet that I am probably the CAUSE of this no snow business, but still...../wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts

So CJDAVE, you are saying that the minute you put those finishing touches on SNOWJEEP, a blizzard worthy of the name will come crashing down on you?! Its kinda like that here in FL...The weather had been beautiful for a good month straight so I washed my Jeep and took off the soft-top. It rained later that day, of course- I should have known better. Of course the next day the sun came out bright enough to bake it dry.

G

·

Weather man (best job in the country)

the only job where you can always be wrong and still keep it.

If we were wrong all the time how long do you think we would keep our jobs.

Lunatic
From the land time forgot

G

·

Here in Boston it started around 1 in the afternoon on Fri, by 5PM we had 4" on the ground
By the time we got up in the AM on Sat. (around 10ish) it was still snowing, (8" in the yard) and the predicted 2-3 more before it ends.
Its the mid afternoon now, and I was shoveling 10-11" snow off the walk. Nice to be able to move some of that diff fluid around.
Its pretty here in New England when it snows. The world takes on another life and beauty.

Well, Thou must shovel to keep the piece, (not a spelling error) in the household

Chu
YJ-7
V.P. New England 4x4
Yankee Toys
EC4WDA

G

·

Up here in Washington (Gig Harbor, near tacoma) we've had about two in. the WHOLE year.... it's sucked... /wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif

Peter Lombardi
'89 YJ 4.5in. RE Ext. Duty
'57/49 Willys Wagon Delivery 4x4 350

G

·

We got the same storm here in WI that you got in Michigan. It must have dumped it all on us and pettered out becyuse we got about a foot during the day. Not to mention the 4 inches we got the day before. Makes me feel home sick for Georgia!

Al
My web page

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.