Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Give me your input please
Im am debating on going with the ginuine supention lift with Rancho9000 shock for $650 Or the pro comp 4" lift with ES5000 shocks for $650 which is better?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the pro comp lift is very stiff..... id' go with genuine with RS9000s. Where did you get the price on that pro comp lift, cause that seems expensive. I paid $450 for mine, it came with a dropped pitman arm and t-case drop though, which you will need. Anyway, I want to get rid of my shocks and possibly my lift as soon as i get more money, pro comp is good if you want to just clear larger tires, but it has no flex. Just my 2 cents.

Blake Cannon
94 YJ. 33" General MTs 4" Pro Comp lift. Detroit in rear

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've taken them on trails and i've done three 5 foot high jumps trying to impress ladies...... What I just did was take my sway and trac bars off and it rode a lot better as well as improved my off road ability

Blake Cannon
94 YJ. 33" General MTs 4" Pro Comp lift. 4.56 Detroit in rear. Ramsey Winch.

·
Official Historian
8,339 Posts
FYI, I ordered the genuine suspension from 4 wheel parts and it is the Pro-Comp kit. I used RS9000s with it and it is tolerable. My plans now are to reinstall the stock springs SOA.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I want to do the same thing as you, do SOA. I dont know what springs to use, i have my stock springs but i heard they will sag. I dont knw if i want to ad add a leaves or use the stronger RE leaves. Let me konw what you plan on doing

Blake Cannon
94YJ 4banger. 4" lift. 33s. Winch. 4.56. Rear Detroit.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Id say go with a BDS lift or have National make you some springs. I currently run a Pro Comp 4 inch on my wrangler, and it rides good.....now. It just takes a bit of breaking in, and as long as the front and rear trac bars and anti sway bar are connected, it will never break in, so take those off, get the jeep on three wheels, and break some springs in /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif !!!

=-Ben
94 ZJ - Work Commuter.
89 FSJ - 6-inch Rustys kit, XTerrains 33"S
87 YJ - 5" of lift33BFG's on the way. ARB snorkel. Borla Header.
48 CJ2A - DOA.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank's for the help guy's 4" ginuine with RS9000 it is then. (unless someone has a horror story to tell me)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Pro-comp lift is very stiff at first. If you can wait a year for them to break in then I'd say go for it. They flex nicely once they're broken in.
YJ ATW...It's alright to remove the rear track bar as well??? That's the one that goes in line with the axle, it connects on one end to the drivers side of the axle tube and up to the oposite side of the frame right?

'88 YJ, 4.2L w/Weber 32/36, Procomp 4" w/33 BFG M/T's, TFI upgrade, Stock auto tranny and everything else.
I love bein' a Jeeper!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts