Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it best to reply to the original post or to the last one in the thread? I'm not to computer savvy.
Bob

71 Jeepster
69 CJ-5, 76 J-10
78 CJ-7, 86 C-10
78 Dodge Motorhome

·
Registered
414 Posts
Bob,

From what I understand the replies are all listed in choronological order. The only advantage of replying to a specific post is that there is the option to recieve email on any replies to your own posts. This might help you get to folks a little faster. It also explains why folks try to make sure it is clear who they are replying to in their posts.

Paul

·
Registered
440 Posts
I don't think it matters. No matter which one you reply to, your reply will always go to the bottom of the thread.

Dean
'72 Commando
AMC 360, D30f, D44r, D20 t-case

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just wished had this kind of support when i had a 65 rambler american that i got for 50 bucks. That was one of the best low budget cars that ran great and did its job.

I still wish i still had it today

70 Commando, 225

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just keep in mind that if you want to reply to a particular statement or person in a thread, you need to click on the reply box for that person or statement. In other words, if someone starts a thread with a question for example, if you want to answer that question you must reply to the first thread. That will then be emailed to the person. If you reply to one of the lower statements, the email will go to whoever you clicked the reply box for. I have gotten several messages intended for someone else. Each person who posts has a reply box in the bottom right of their post. Make sure you pick the one for the person you actually want to converse with.

69 Jeepster Commando 225 V-6, 3 speed, wagon.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
When you are looking at the message board, you can choose to view it as "flat" or "threaded." It will alway show up on the bottom in "flat" view, but if you view it as threaded, you will see who replied to who. Also, as mentioned by others, an e-mail goes to the person you replied to. Therefore, you should use the reply button on the post you actually want to reply to.

David Goodrich
'67 Jeepster Commando
225, Saginaw 4-Speed, D44 w/Powrlock, 2" rear add-a-leaf, 33 x 9.5 (uncut fenders)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.