Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In your guys opinion what is the best tire for rock crawling, and light mudding. I'm looking for 35-12.50-16 perferably, but what type/brand of tires do you like best. Thanks.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7
WALSTIB/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The tire of choice around here for 35s is BFG MTS with Goodyears a distant second, mainly because of price.

Brad
Get active or get locked out, the choice is yours.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Best tires? - BFG\'s! (so)

I have a friend with the claws, Not sure what they do in rocks but haven't done very well in the mud in my opinion. I thought they would do better than they have.

What does everyone think of boggers in rear/swampers up front?

1997 TJ w/ 33's & 1984 CJ7 w/35's
http://members.aol.com/a4x4jeeper/

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Best tires? - BFG\'s! (so)

The Bogger/Swamper combo is fantastic in mud, but wouldn't make much of a road tire - and they're really more than what's needed for "light mudding" (also not available in this size). And BFG doesn't make a 35" radial for mud in the 16" style, so they're out too. I personally prefer Cooper STT's to BFG muds 'cause they're cheaper, have a better warranty, & last about 50% longer, but they're out too - no 35" 16's. BFG just came out with 315/75R16's in the A/T style (at $189 each locally/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif), but not the M/T yet. There are some out there in your size, but I don't know much about the tires (Pro Comp, Yokohama, etc.). I do know that the 36" TSL radials & Buckshots work well, but they're a size too big. Sorry I couldn't help more.

TEX

/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.