Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm going to need to replace the clutch in one of my Samurais and I need some opinions. This particular sammy is my "commuter". It's a '91(efi) never sees off-road, (never will) is completely stock, and runs stock tires. Any recommendations for a replacement clutch kit? Anybody have any experience with the Daiken, or Exedy kits?

Thanks !

· Registered
977 Posts
Mr MnSensei...

If, in fact, you will not be off-roading the vehicle and daily driving is the highest/best use for it... consider the Exedy (ebay $80-$100) or the NAPA version (bout the same $)

just my $.02

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info! I was kind of thinking of the NAPA, but seeing Exedy on ebay I thought that it seemed pretty reasonable for the entire kit. Sometimes I get a little leary of some items on ebay, you know? There are a lot of people peddling things that aren't quite the quality you'd want to be putting on a vehicle you actually liked! (Kind of like some the 1970's era JC Whitney stuff)

Thanks for the input guys!

By the way, for more serious use I DO go through a couple of the guys on the board who sell QUALITY pieces, but this one never leaves the highway.

· Registered
1,285 Posts
when my girlfriends 97 kick sport 1.8L needed a clutch i bought a clutch kit from eClutchmaster on ebay...a good guy to deal with but the clutch was absolute crap. you get on the gas too had and it would slip to high heaven...

from now on if i replace a clutch im spending the money for a center force stage 1 or 2

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I installed the NAPA clutch about a year ago and it is still working great on and offroad. The kit comes with both pilot and throwout bearings.
You get everything you need (alignment tool included) about $100.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a clutch from Hawks strictly suzuki, breand new in the box with Press plate and both bearings. I ordered it because I was pulling my motor and thought I might as well put a clutch in while I'm at it. turns out my old clutch is in great shape so now I have a brand new clutch for sale.
Here's a link to Hawk http://www.hawksuzukiparts.com/

I will ship it to you for a total of 109 bucks, you can paypal me the $ or mail it. my email is [email protected]

· Registered
3,286 Posts
Make GOSH DARN sure you have that clutch resurfaced and possibly balanced!!!!!!!!

· Registered
2,637 Posts
What's wrong with Auto Zone clutches? I'm on my third one so...HAH

Their clutches are OK in a pinch, & when I got mine, I needed one bad and didn't have time to order one and NAPA don't carry them in stock. So, now I just take it back and get a new one every year or so.

But I'm pretty hard on my clutch as well. I would think for a street only deal they would be ok. Plus you can take a bag-o-clutch goodies in and get a new one every few month's..lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.