Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who makes the best polyuerothane products? I know there's Prothane and Energy Suspension. Any opinions? I going to replace my tranny mount.

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gifEat, Sleep, JEEP/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
"James and the Giant Jeep"
1993 Wrangler 4.0/5spd, Herculined Interior, D44 w/Detroits and 4.56 soon to go in SOA

·
Registered
543 Posts
i have used energy suspension over the years and have always been satisfied. i have no experience with any other manufacturers. i have always gotten just what i've ordered from energy, and for me, it was never worth the chance that i try elsewhere and be dissappointed.

J ust
E mpty
E very
P ocket

·
Official Historian
8,340 Posts
I don't have any experience with them, but there is also Daystar.

79/CJ-7/AMC360/TH400/Q-TRAC/d30/d44/33's/RS9000s/Herculiner/Pro-jection 2D/MSD/4.10s/lockrights

G

·
I would go with Energy Suspension. A buddy of mine has a TJ and got the Daystar extended bumpstops for the front. About the second time he went wheeling he split both of them in half. Well, not exactly in half, but a big chunk came off the end of them...the two busted identically.

Austin's Auto Accessories, LLC
5205 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, Florida 32561
Ph.# 850-916-7100

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
not sure if they make their own or not.. but i have Dick Cepek poly kit for the entire jeep.. what i like is that the shackles bushings came with little grooves in them for the grease to say in when you put the metal sleeve thru it.. unlike most others where the grease just gets pushed out..
may not be a big deal.. but i thought it was something just a little bit more.. and i have had a problem with any bushing yet.. plus they also make them in blue..

http://www.jeepgod.net

84 CJ-7 401/T-18/D20/D44/D60w/4.10&Detriots/YJ frame & tub/35x16x15 Boggers
survival is instinct, but living takes guts

G

·
I have the complete prothane kit installed in my YJ with the exception of the body bushings. I'm very happy with them. 2 years on of severe desert use and still in good shape.

A.B.

I think, therefore I am ... a Jeeper

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.