Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

My father and I do a bit of off-roading when we are fishing in Downeast and Central Maine. Most of the time we are following old logging roads through dense pine forest. I know he would LOVE a GPS device to help him find his route, but all of the devices I've seen are for street driving and are pretty useless once you get off the beaten path. Any ideas for a good device? I'm sure most of you have tried one off-road...

Thank you very much for your input... and I'm sorry if this question has been asked: the search feature skips the word "GPS" and hence doesn't offer me much help!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Off ROad GPS

Delmore makes hand held units. They also make a GPS unit that plugs into the USB port on a laptop. This unit comes with road maps like Tom Tom and similar units. The diffrence is that you can get topographical maps for it also. With the Micro laptop coming down to less than $300.00. I've seen them for around $269.00. When I bought my Delmore unit, I got it on sale for $49.00, but I believe they normally run less than $100.00 at Staples. I believe the topographical maps can be had for around $79.00. They also have a WEB site that you can check out their offerings.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.