Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, what do you guys think is the best spot for a kill switch, and what and where should i go off of that will make it fairly simple?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Well....if ya post it here, then we'll all know how to steal your truck. hahahahahahahaha

G

·
depends on what you want to kill the ignition or the fuel pump but under the dash is the most common place for them, kinda like a valet switch on alarm systems

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya, where is the best spot to link the switch in on the ignition or the fuel pump?

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
If you're gonna kill the FP, just tag it in after the inertia switch. It'll need to be in series with the IS, so that means you only cut it into one of the IS wires.

If you're putting it on the ignition circuit, use it to short the tachometer (coil) to ground. That'll be harder to bypass than going open.

G

·
there are many things to KILL
12v to coil, fuel pump, neutral start, activation wire to starter, etc..

I specifically like using a 9 Position Mate-n-lock electrical plug... that way you can use it as a KEY. I used it on my snowmbile
If anyone wants Further explanation on this EMAIL Me directly!

So you can take it out very quickly if need, or leave it in. Before getting an alarm I had used this.. it is VERY effective, in fact it PREVENTED my 1987 Cutlass supreme salon from being stolen.. all that happend is a busted up steering column... the engine just cranked and cranked and cranked (this particular car, I just had a toggle switch hidden under the the rear seat...

Its cheap and VERY effective...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.