Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Best articulation from 2.5\" lift srpings

I have an '89 Wrangler and am planning on putting a 2.5" lift on it right after I reverse the shackles and go 3/4 on all 4 corners (and I might do the Revolver Shackles first also). Obviously this will add a little hieght of its own so I wont be needing all the steering correction gear and shocks and all that comes with the kit since they wont be long enough anyhow. So- for JUST 4 2.5" lift springs, which ones ride and articulate the BEST? I'm planning on OME but have heard good things about R.E. and Rancho

G

·
Re: Best articulation from 2.5\" lift srpings

go OME if you can afford them, if you go with RE get the heavy duty, they're much higher quality

G

·

Think again about not needing new shocks. I have a 3/4 rear that sits 2" taller than a stock spring. But, the amount of droop you end up with is much more. If you want to maximize the travel, get the springs, shackles, and whatever set up first, then go get it crossed up and measure what length shocks you'll need. As far as springs are concerned, I would suggest OME as well. They are very high quality. Also noteables are National spring, Superlift(I have front), BDS(lifetime warranty).

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I will be getting new shocks but the ones from a kit will never have enough droop- so instead of having them send me 4 shocks that are too short I'll buy shocks seperately. So all agree that OME are the best in the business? Well I guess I'd better start saving!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.