Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!....New to this forum so please bare with me. I started my Cherokee up to warm last night and heard a strange noise, like something was tapping the fan blades every once in a while. Shut it down and looked and it looks as though there is a peice of rubber sticking out of the main drive pulley. Is this a rubber dampener or what?

Thanks in advance!

· Registered
633 Posts
It could be the rubber insert coming out of the harmonic balancer/damper. If this is so, it is in need of immediate replacement. If it is coming out from between the inner and outer rings on the main crankshaft pulley, then this is the case. It needs to be fixed right away because if the outer ring of the damper comes off it could do serious damage to the front area of the engine bay.I would check into Fluidamper, or Rattler or another aftermarket type to see how the price compares to stock. Good luck!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.