Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been awhile since I\'ve been around here.

Wow, lots of new names, rigs and posts. I have seen several old people as well. What's the latest tricks? Just got my truck back on the road after a 2 year rebuild.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Re: Been awhile since I\'ve been around here.

glad to see you back, i know you from MBB. so, hows the fiberglass look?

·
Registered
6,842 Posts

wow i thought you had disappeared off the face of the earth, but i guess not! what all is on your motor now?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

That glass was a job. I still have details to work out, but it is on the road and runs quite well since I shaved off all that weight. How's the new rig been treating you, Burned? Do those punks mess with your new one like they did the old one? I need some larger tires to fit under the wheel wells, the 32's just aren't cutting it.

Muddy, I don't think I've done much more to the old six. I found a way to get exempt from emissions, so I remove the cat from the exhaust and added a SpinTech muffler in its place. I did port and polish the head. The cam is advanced 4* and there is now 150 horse shot of nitrous. I am working on fuel injection with a MegaSquirt ECU and 19lb. injectors. I still use the 270* cam with Crane Fast bleed lifters and the 4bbl intake. I use a Crane ignition for to help retard for the nitrous and it seems to work real good.I ran it on a dyno a while back and got 267 hp with 428 lb-ft of torque at 1756 RPM without the juice.

I still need to build bumpers and mount the winch, but all in due time. Burned's Bronco is the one to watch out for. I saw the pics on MBB and it is big.

BurntPiston, My ISp sold out to MSn and that brought my site down. I am in the process of gettting it back up I took pictures of the whole process and am currently scanning them in. When the site is up, I'll let you know. Good to see I can still write a book.

Wait till you guys see my new project. I am dropping a built to the hilt 347 in a Bronco II that some guy gave me. My plans are for it to do the 1/4 mile in under 12 and carry the front wheels 5 feet.

·
Registered
723 Posts

let me know when you get your pic scanned also i am interested in see how you built your 300 up was thinking of doing the same to mine

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Those are some great Pic's BurnedB. Faulty switch? Wow.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts

now you know why i have that name.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

How is that mounted to the frame? That is basically how I want mine to look.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts

3 bolts on each side, varying in diameter of above half inch(whatever size hole the torch made, then i rounded it with the drill bit of the next size.)
thats on a boxed frame on the newere style, but im shre you could box the old style frame horns to make it work.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Lal357:

I run a factory bottom end with a cast crank, cast pistons, factory rods that are shot peened with polished beams. Bored .030" over and the rotating assembly balanced. Clevite 77 bearings and a melling standard oil pump. The head has been ported, gasket matched and polished. The valve guides were cut to accept press on seals. the valves are factory size with a three angle grind and factory rockers. I use Crane fast bleed lifters on a Clifford 270* cam turned by a Cloyes gear setup that is advancing the cam 4* at the crank.

Exhaust is setup with Clifford dual outlet headers with 2.25" pipe running to a 2.5" SpinTech muffler and 2.5" pipe exiting behind the rear tire. There is an O2 sensor bung for monitoring air/fuel ratio. I use a Clifford water heated 4 bbl. intake that is also ported and gasket matched. A holley 600 cfm vacuum secondary carb sits on top with a K&N filter. Ignition is handled through a Crane Fireball ignition bow and E-Core coil. MSD Super Conductor wires, cap and rotor are used. I dropped back to a DuraSpark II distributor with a custom curved avdance map. The Crane ignition box is fire directly from the pickup in the distributor.

There is also a 150 horse shot of nitrous on board pushed through a fogger nozzle system. I use this to get me to the toop of a hill, clean the tires in the deep stuff or tear up the unsuspecting import.

The setup is extremely streetable since max torque is at 1700 RPM and has a very flat curve. I see 15-16 MPG normally and could get more with fuel injection. This is planned for the future. I am going to use a MegaSquirt setup and fire injectors on alternate banks to save fuel. Ford 5.0 19lb. injectors should work fine for this.

At the present, I am very happy with the engine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts