Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, I bought a gallon of that Duplicolor bed liner stuff. Thought I would hit my wheel wells a bit. Damn that stuff works pretty nice if you thin it a little and shoot it through an under coat gun. Seems to dry really hard.So I taped off my bed and shoot about 8 coats. Man not quite a $400 spray in bed liner but for the price of two gallons $80 it sure looks good and it looks to be a desecnt protectant to..... HHHHMMMM should I spray the inside of a leaky aluminum 17ft fish'n boat?

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
A person can save some bucks by using one of those on the market instead of the big name spray in liners. I used Herculiner to coat my rockers and fenderflares, super tough stuff. I bought a can of the Duplicolor to paint my hood scoop and I really like that stuff too, easy to work with.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Yeah,

If I was to use the SporTruck for more off-roading I have to get me some of that. I've seen great under-over coatings. Right now, as a daily driver, I get quite the rust on the rockers. Hmmm. . .

'88 MJ SporTruck
365K on 2.5L (Energizer Bunny Package)

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
What kind did you buy and where did you get it? I would do the outside of the boat if it is not meant for speed. I would keep the water away from the leak, instead of it coming in then hitting the liner.

Kevin

'89 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 four door, street glow shifter knob, 215/70R15 Mastercrafts.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Try to find some UV protectant spray that you can cover that with to prevent fading and peeling. I used Durabak on my Wrangler's tub and it faded and peeled in a few spots in only 6 months. I even bought a cicular sander and sanded down to bare metal, then vacuumed the tub and thoroughly cleaned it up with Xylol. Another good thing about these Comanches...you dont have to remove the rollcage, center console, seats, seat-belts, etc, etc, just to do the bed!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought it at checker autozone about any parts store It is a duplicolor product and it has been in my bed for a while and is holding up really well even in high heat it is about $40.00 a gallon. worked good on the boat also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.