Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled the badly worn carpets out of my 95 wrangler the other day to wash them. when I pulled up the carpet in the front the carpet had worn off the paint and started to rust. I went ahead and fixed the rust, but am not to thrilled about putting that carpet back. without the carpet however the flor board is slick. I was looking at the spray/brush bedliner by herculiner. it looks like it is something I would have no problem putting in, and It appears that it would protect the florr pans from rust ect.. if anyone has had any experiences with this bedliner, or any other,, I would apriciate the advice.....thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I bought my CJ from the Toy Box they threw in a paint job for $800. Best money spent. They fixed all the rust and welded in new patches, etc... Also had the inside 'rock chiped' I believe is what they used... I don't remember, but basically same stuff as herculiner. They didn't prep the surfaces tho, and after awhile the liner would peel off if something scrached it. Not saying it isn't durable, just be sure not to cut corners... I'm still very happy with my interior, and it seems to be getting tougher with age, maybe they had a bad mix, I know they didn't prep the surfaces any, there is shiny paint below the liner. But I'd do it again, just pay $150 more for them to prep it good... ;)

Florida Mud CJ-5
'77 RB304, t-150 D20 4" 35" swampers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
with the herculiner is there any reason why I could not just buy the quart, prep the surface, and apply it with a texture brush (like tou use on walls) or is there a reason I need to buy the whole kit???

95 Wrangler mostly stock, but Seeing what we can do about that...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.