Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what exactly is a BDS lift? I don't really have a clue as to what it is. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
611 Posts
BDS is a brand name, like Skyjacker or Pro Comp; Stands for Big Dick Suspension. Their springs are not too expensive. They do come with a lifetime gaurantee.

Max

82 CJ, some stuff stock, some stuff not
Have you hugged your Jeep today?
http://www.alpine14rs.org

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, well tell me this. Personally would you choose a Skyjacker lift or a BDS lift? I know i can get the Skyjacker here in town but i'm pretty sure i can get the BDS here. Just looking for some opinion.

G

·
I have heard really good things about BDS personally, and not that many great things about skyjacker.

'85 Scrambler

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You wouldn't happen to know the approximate price of a bds lift for a cj, either 2.5 or 4". it doesn't matter. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
611 Posts
I have been running BDS 4" springs for a year and a half, and I like them. They do have a firm ride, but personally I think that's the way a jeep should ride, at least a CJ. I've gotten several compliments on how well they flex. I'm happy with them and would definately buy them again. I paid 131.20 for two front springs and 159.98 for two rear springs. No driveshaft mods. With 4" springs you will need extended brake lines (~$100 for steel braided, probably a drop pitman ($50ish), longer shocks ($120ish for Rancho 5000); probably you'll need to drop the transfer case a little; Going on a CJ I would plan on replacing the spring bushings also.

Max

G

·
I know who you are talking about as far as a BDS dealer in town because I'm from memphis too. Email me before you buy one from those people. I have had an extremely unpleasant experience with the dealer you are talking about. [email protected]

·
Registered
389 Posts
CJmoney pit, where did you get that bds lift for that price? I have been looking at the shops in town and they all want about $450 for 4" lift springs. Are there any online bds retailers?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Get the BDS. I originally had superlift and they sagged way too much. I got my BDS and they have only sagged about an inch. Not bad with the crapload of weight I am toting. As above a lifetime warranty. I even used this option when I wrapped a spring so bad that it was 5 inches longet than a stock one..
Where else can you get one o' dem warrantys?
Ricky...seeya...

CJ-7,401,T-18,Scout D 300,Pro-Jection,Dana 60's,Detroits,38" Hawgs, 4" BDS SOA,
http://hometown.aol.com/ericselz/myhomepage/profile.html

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I've been running my BDS 4" kit for about 2 yrs with no problems. They don't flex quite as much as I'd like but the price is right!
big ed

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif Big Ed
'88 YJ, 4" susp,3" body,35's,283 Chevy V8,TH350,4.11's,D30,D35c

·
Registered
611 Posts
I bought them at Mile Hi Jeep Rebuilders here in Denver. They have a website but it is down right now. Their phone is 303 629-0378. That is a lot of $$ just for springs. Just dug out my receipt; I paid $423 for front and rear 4" springs, drop pitman, SS extended front brake lines, front and rear Rancho ubolt kits and the BDS tcase lowering kit. They have the best prices in town; I also have done the bulk of my business with them; they know me now and usually give me a little extra off; I just bought brand new master cylinder there for $65. Every where else I called was $90 and up.

Max

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I called today to a local shop, they are on the BDS website under dealers for Tennesee. Adventure 4x4 is the name. They quoted me at $379 for the 4" lift, then you pay $60 for the pitman arm, plus you gotta buy shocks. So thats what they told me.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I plan on buying the BDS 4" lift for my CJ-5 next month, but there are no BDS dealers near me. According to their web site there are only 2 in NM, one in Las Cruces a three hour drive away and the other near me shut down! I'll have to mail order it but can't find any sites on the web that advertise this kit.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I know that bds lifts use military wrapped springs. I think that's a good benifit. I never ran a BDS lift myself but I'd like to

84 & 76 CJ-7's Give me a striaght six cummins diesel anyday. [email protected]

·
Registered
389 Posts
Thanks for posting that web site! I bookmarked it so I can order my lift next month.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts