Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,412 Posts
Hey Mario!

Believe it or not, I was thinking about you today; I saw a City of Phila 2wd Cherokee going down the street.

I think that your front has a trackbar like a 4wd model has. What you are describing is the exact thing that my defective trackbar ballstud caused in my Cherokee. The trackbar prevents the front axle from moving too far from side to side.

If you look under the front on the driver side, you should see a bracket bolted to the frame rail. From under the bracket, the trackbar goes to the other side of the axle. Check to make sure that the frame rail 4 bolts/nuts are tight. Tightened them if they're not. Then grab the bar and give it a good push and pull. If it is sloppy, then you've found your vibration. You will then need to replace the bar. Good Luck!!/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

· Registered
3,412 Posts
Todd brings up a good point; check the entire front end. I got my replacement trackbar from the Jeep dealer....$112.00. It has a greasable ballstud. Buy one new, either stock or adjustable; don't trust one that came from the junk yard. It might not have a lot of life left in it./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

PS, your XJ has a lift, an adjustable one would be a better one to get./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.