Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, is it worth to change my stock carbs to 28mm mikunis?? I can get a great deal on them and was thinking about getting them. Right now my engine is stock except for FMF pipes. This summer i do plan on getting a port job i know then i will need carbs. IF i get these carbs will i most benifit from a low-mid port job or a mid-top port job(i am thinking mid-top). the type of riding i do is trails, and duning. So let me know what you guys think about how i should set my ride up. Thanks

"Loofer"
'88 Banshee /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Why would you want to port your motor twice? Do it the way you want the first time. I agree however with getting the larger carbs, 35 air strykers are awesome, but they wont do as much if you have tiny ports. Take care of you prelim mods before porting like cman said.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
u my or may not be aware that u can do different porting applications some people might want the throttle to snap as soon as u pull the throttle 1/8 thru 1/2 others may want it to come on a little slower 1/4thru 3/4 and the rest prefer 1/2thru full

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats why you get it ported that way the first time?!?!?!?! If you know about porting then you probably have rode enough to know what type of riding you do. So get it ported that way the first time around insted of paying double for what you want. How does this sound: I am going to port my motor the wrong way first just to make sure that I dont want it that way, then after I have spent 500$ and waited 3 months for my cylinders I am going to send it back to get what I wanted and spend my other 500$ and waste another 3months. Doesnt make much sense does it? I amnot trying to pick on anybody, but it's ignorant comments like that that cause people to spend twice the money. If you dont know what you wnat then wait!! And your power doesnt come on because of the throtle position, it has to do with your RPM's. All right yall have a good one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.