Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had porting work done to my Banshee (92) and would like to now upgrade my reed cages and carburators for maximum performance. The port mod made a serious difference in the way my bike rides. However, as do all of us, I want more!

I ride primarily in sand at ~4500 ft. elevation. I have heard mixed things about which carburators to purchase. Could you please help me?

I am considering anywhere from a 28-35mm Kihein carb kit. Which will be better for my purposes? Will a Mikuni carb work better?

Also, I want to purchase new reed cages. Who make the widest, best airflow to the intake reeds? FMF, Boyesen, or V-Force Delta? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I would recomed the keihn line of carbs pwk models as they put more emphisis on the top end power we need to know what kind of porting u have had done ... as this is very important to what to recomend to u for carbs as for reeds that would be a choice that is up to u most of us don't use the same reeds myself i have PTR pyrmid reeds my buddy has fmf so a deciesion is totally up to u
do u have a boost bottle on the intake?? this mod is cheep and does help with throttle response but let us know a little more about your setups ie: pipes silencers,filter,gearing,ect. what kind of power r u looking for more low end /topend this will help in giving u a idea on what is avalable to u

(wink)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a trail/mid-range port. The pipes are T-5 Toomey. Currently, I am running the stock carbs, bored to 28mm, and K&N Air Filters/Pre-filters. Also, the gearing is stock in back, but a 15 tooth sprocket on the front. I would like to have more power in the mid- to top-end range. My bike is very fast now with the port, T-5, and filter setup. However, I would like to have more power for racing and zipping around the sand trails. Most of the riding I do is at Sand Mountian, NV ~4500 ft elevation.

Next on the list is a cool-head. But first, I would like to dial in the intake system...carbs and reeds. I hear great things about the new V-force delta reeds; however, Boyesen has been highly recommended too. Also, I hear the Kihein 33mm works really well, too.

Please offer any suggestions that you have. And by the way, thanks alot for your posts. I asked for help prior to the port job; now that I have the port (which was definitely the number 1 priority, I am ready for a little more throttle response and zip.

I will order the boost bottle with whatever I buy in reeds; however, keep the suggestions coming!

Greg

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would recomend the keihn 35mm carbs pwk model , they will be able to handle the fuel and r rated for the top/mid power as for reed that is up to u alot of snowmobilers use the delta reeds and have no complaints so i can say is try them out now have u played with your gearing much ??? i run 15/42 which comes out to a ratio of 2.80 stock is 2.93 which is smaller than what i have and i set up my banshee for more bottom end go to sidewindersprokets.com they have a gear ratio chart on there web site that could help u make possible changes to your ratio this is a minor setup that can make huge differences to how the bike uses the power it has

(wink)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.