Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm intrested to find out what type of off-roading everyone does, even if you are a pothole 4x4.

I like sand dunes and desert racing and sometimes after a good rain mudbogging (of course i live in Yuma, AZ where it doesn't rain too often).

I HATE FORDS!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here in TN we have mostly sandy, rocky trails. The base is sandstone around here. When it rains we can get into really gooey mud. I also commute 70 miles each way to work down backroads. I guess that would make most of my terrain tar and chip or gravel.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Down here in south Texas we aint got to many rocks, wait I don't think we have any at all!! Anyways, I do alot of beach 4-wheeling and alot of romping around in the mud.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like to get out on a desert dirt road and open it up. I guess that makes me a Baja wanabe, but I don't get out to west Texas much anymore so I guess I'm a pothole 4X4. I doubt now that I'll ever lift it. There are rocks, sand and sometimes even mud out west Yakker.

Its true, "Rust never sleeps." :(

·
Registered
387 Posts
I live in Colorado so I have access to every type of trail. I like mud mixed with a nice rock garden
but I would have to say that I really enjoy snow covered trails the most. but then again any trail
with a beer and dinner after wards is good

Inferior
Front
Suspension

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya, I know Charlie, but I was refering to South Texas. I've only been out west only a couple times. Where in Texas do you live??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Austin, Yakker. Yup, its a long way out west which is why I don't go much anymore.

Its true, "Rust never sleeps." :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like to go mudding and trail riding.

You better shut up before I put it in 4low and drive over your car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
can someone explain to about rock crawling (I know you crawl over rocks, I rather flyby them going 60-70 mph.)

Dent King the beer comes after you're done, right?

I HATE FORDS!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well in AZ we have it all and we can get it all on one trail ride. Last month when I rented the X we had a weekend ride. We started out Friday morning at Lake Pleasant and drove all day (playing along the way and breaking tie rods) to a place called Crown King in the Bradshaw mountains. We had dust, dirt, wash board road, some hill climbs, and some rock climbs and 90+ degree heat. The next day it started snowing, and snowing and snowing...most of the guys went back to Phoenix, my rider (eltee88) and I continued in the mountains into Prescott and ended up in 3-5 inches of snow, then slush, then mud, then wet roads, then dry roads. In about 36 hours we drove through everything. It was a fun trip and sorry you all missed it.

Thanatoz
Jee·ple (Jëp´pêl), n., -ples. 1. any of several ruminant mammals, esp. of genus Ignoramus, which purchase and drive Jeeps. see also sheeple.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I live in Ohio but travel to Kentucky & Indiana to do most of my wheeling. I do rocks, mud, mountains you name it. All except sand, I can't find to much of that around hear.

Bill Shreve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know there is more people out there that "wheel" or pretend to.

I HATE FORDS!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I like the sand but mostly just the dezert roads and lake beds of southern Ca. The dezert is my home away from home. My truck also carries my bike along thats its main use lately, besides to work and the beach and back.

Kevin
<><

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As I live in Utah, Moab is, so to say, my backyard. That should say it all...

Ummmm Beer!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wish Moab was in my backyard! But, in West-Middle Georgia theres just mud. Alot of it. Last summer when it NEVER rained it was all sand. Some areas just north of me do have some rocks. There are also some places that have lots of hills. The only problem is that there are no public places to ride. Luckily I have some friends who have rich friends who will let us ride on their 800+ acres of land.

This is about the most difficult thing I could find...

------------
'92 Nissan Pathfinder SE-V6 4x4
31x10.50 Crap tires
K&N Filtercharger

http://members.aol.com/Comet10267/Pathmud.htm

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I get in the mud mostly, there is not many rocks in WV, lots of gas company roads and rideaways so there are a few roads to do some high speed driving.

Brad Miller
89 SE-V6 D21
95 SE-V6 D21

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
why not build both. You can have a fairly good time with IFS, sucks for playing but hell get a 4x4 IFS (hint nissan)A 3" lift, cut out the fenders, pack them with some swampers, leave the diff's stock, maybe change the ring and pinion, and beef up the engine. Don't forget safety equipment and the Mud flaps for the Hiway nazi's. This is the cheapest way to do it.

GO TO www.geocities.com/jpnismo NOW!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.