Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since i am doing this in my free time and i am not at work i don't have to make my answer sound nice. I will give the real answer and the real solution to any problem. Most solutions will void your warranty but if you are looking at the a Baja ATV you are looking at the price tag not the warranty card. If you ask you will get an answer.

-Baja

G

·
Well, Don't think anything I am going to do with screw up the warrantee, I was wondering if It is possible to buy part from Baja? That's it. I race a YFZ450 Pro, I know how to mod a quad up, not going to do this to my Daughters quad it is fine as is, except the wheel spacers I added. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/gituar.gif

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you sure can buy parts from us we carry a full stock of parts. The only thing is since we get them from china if a part does go out of stock it will be out of stock for a couple of months. if you want a parts breakdown just email [email protected] and ask for them.
-baja

G

·
Hi Baja,

I have a national motor gallop 150 atv. The baja extreme 150 atv looks almost identical to it. Are they the same? The manual for the extreme 150 that is on Baja motorsports web site has some pictures of the extreme 150 with national motor on some of the parts, particularly on the cover of the thumb throttle and the oil filter cover. Any info on this?

G

·
Hey Baja,
I have the Baja90 thats selling at crappy tire...do you noe any other ways to make it faster cheap? other than the elcttronic speed restrictor? let me no..Thanks-BajaRider08

G

·
Hi Baja,
Would you like to tell me BAJA Vehicles website? I'm interested in them and hope to see more pictures and detailed specification.
Thanks in advance

Jinbeilai

G

·
I bought a Baja 90cc at an auction. It had no key. I was supposed to be able to buy parts within 15 days from Baja at 1/2 price. I ordered a new key switch and Karl at Baja headquarters says the manufacturer of them with out of business and they don't have a new one. I have waited since the end of December and this is his last week's reply. Got any idea where I can buy a key switch?

Glenn

G

·
Baja mini bike 6.5 hp

I am rebuilding a 6.5 hp Baja mini bike, does the tensioner need to be replaced if it is broken? Can one chain be used to the rear pulley or if the tensioner is not needed will using the two chains allow for more top end or vice versa. What can be done to increase power from the motor, remove governor, etc. Where is the best place for parts, I do not hear back from emails to Baja Morotsports on the web. We need fenders, nuts and bolts, and many items, is there a source for used? Can Pep Boys order parts for us?

Thanks for any help, John Eric

G

·
Since i am doing this in my free time and i am not at work i don't have to make my answer sound nice. I will give the real answer and the real solution to any problem. Most solutions will void your warranty but if you are looking at the a Baja ATV you are looking at the price tag not the warranty card. If you ask you will get an answer.

-Baja
I have 2 Wilderness 90's I bought in December. I have the rev limiter unpluged on both. On one of the 90's, and this has just started to happen, when you are riding, say 15 or 20 mph, holding the speed steady it starts losing power to the transmission. You can hear the engine start reving up and start losing speed. If you give it gas it will pick back up. Its like the transmission starts slipping. The other 90 does not do this, it holds a stedy speed just fine.
I have it in the shop now at American outdoor Power here in Tucson. And they say they can't find anything wrong. I'm hopeing you could help.
Thanks in advance
fsmith

G

·
Where else can we purchase parts since Baja can't seem to get them? WD250 (Red one)

For all those interested.

I have the red Wilderness 250 ATV. I have had nothing but troubles with this ATV. I have had the transmission problem and forced to purchase an updated transmission even though the old one FAILED DUE TO INFERIOR GEARS. The metal used was to soft for the application. Along with the transmission you had to purchase the upgrade kit, gaskets, chain, a few bolts etc...

Next up is the clutch. Clutch has been out of stock for several months. I ordered on Jan 30th, on March 29th I recieved a USED clutch and my credit card was billed for the new one!

Other problems I have had is the parking break handle and button was faulty at time of purchase, replaced it.

Plastic switch that prevents the engine from starting without having the break applied stripped after the second ride.

Rear break caliper had to be rebuilt after the 2nd ride due to sticking issues.

After waisting several phone calls and months of time waiting on this misterious clutch to come in from China I have had enough. The lies about it's on it's way etc.. done with it. Poor customer service, done with it.

I sincerely hope it's just this one particular product but from reading this forum I fear it's not and seams to be a company norm.

I have filed a complaint with the Arizona Better Business Bureau and urge everyone else that has this type of issues to do the same. As of today in the last 36 months they have had 141 complaints and has an UNSATISFACTORY RECORD!

You can file your complaint here Better Business Bureau Online Complaint System

·
Registered
10 Posts
Baja 250 shifter problem

I have a 2006 Baja Wilderness 250, last weekend I was out riding when all of a sudden it became difficult to shift gears. I have to reach down with my hand and yank up on the shifter to get the next gear. I noticed the indicator light doesn't come on steady in neutral. the reverse shifter had always been a little bit sticky but since the gear shifter problem started it is really smooth. I have checked the clutch adjustment and it is fine. does this have anything to do with the bad transmission I have been reading about here or is that something else. Where can I get a service manual ?
It would like to see what I'm about to take apart.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I took the right side engine case off today and found a piece of metal. looks like it was interfering with the shift linkage, everything works great now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
anyone know if the bolt pattern on the Baja 250 wheel is 4/110
Mine is up north and can't measure it right now.
I ended up driving to Canadian tire and measuring one, It is 4/110

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have to replace both tie rod ends. the boots have ripped and the joints got real sloppy. I had heard that it may be a knock off of the 2004 Yamaha bear tracker. I downloaded the owners manual for it and it looked close. I went to a local parts place and the tracker tie rod ends aern't even close. the EBC brake pads part # FA92X, do fit. you do have to cut off an 1/8" of one side of one pad on each side. they are slightly wider and the one side hits the bracket. the cut off fixes this problem and they are much easier to find and get then the stock pads. I was told these pads were meant for a Honda. I haven't been able to find a cross refferance for this number as the stock pad would be even cheaper. does anyone know of a match for the tie rod ends. I would really like to upgrade to better parts here. 700kms on it now.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts