Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone tried the new Claws? How about the radials? How are they in the mud? I just got my tax return so im going to buy tires here soon.
TIA

Lugnut 77' CJ5

G

·
I read an article on them not too long ago, two articles in fact. Both were nothing but high reccomendations at the performance and price of these tires. The price is high. But they tried them in mud in one article, did outstanding. The only bad thing they said was that they required a liittle bit more throttle to clean over a bogger, but required less than most other mud tires. The trail test was pretty greusome in description, mostly in one part of the writeup. In this part, they stuck the tire into a stump or something and got it wedged. They just gave it the gas and listened for the sidewall tear. Nothing bad happened to the tire. The stump however was torn to shreds without a bit of damage to the sidewall or anything. They recommended 7 opunds of air, maybe 12. I love the tread design but I do not like the price. I have bought the expensive SSR's and they last for [censored], sorry but it's true. I figure I can get a BFG mud terrain from the local Costco installed, and a warranty for $143 per tire, on the rim! I like this idea much better.
Good Luck
P.S. Those Claws do look just plain mean don't they, love the look!

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif 1976 CJ-7,CHEVY 350, 33'S, 3" LIFT, THAT COVERS MOST OF THE MAJOR STUFF /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G

·
A buddy in our club has them on his TJ. In my own opinion, I don't think they are any better than the bfgs he had on there before. He gets stuck just as much.

I personally haven't used them but thats what I see. They look great though.

1997 TJ w/ 33's & 1984 CJ7 V8/35's
http://members.aol.com/a4x4jeeper/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.