Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who wants to do some light wheeling and just enjoy the day out at Badlands (Attica, IN) on 8/26?

Need a couple of more rigs to make it all work.

Badlands safety rules will be observed so old CJ's like mine can only carry one passenger.

Happy to post more detail as I have it. If you want to go along contact me.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif
Dale

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
We might be up for tagging along, but I won't have any empty seats for the kids.
Will know for sure closer to the date.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Would love to, but my mom will be visiting from Texas so no can do.

Brad

·
Registered
737 Posts
Just in case I ever make it up that way. Whats the badland rule that applies to CJ's? Also can the old rigs be modified to get around the rule?

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
The rule is that every passenger must have rollover protection above his head. Stock CJ bars have nothing over a backseat passenger, so nobody can ride back there.

Add a rear hoop and tie it in to the main hoop and you're good to go. Seems like a reasonable rule to me.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[ QUOTE ]
The rule is that every passenger must have rollover protection above his head. Stock CJ bars have nothing over a backseat passenger, so nobody can ride back there.

Add a rear hoop and tie it in to the main hoop and you're good to go. Seems like a reasonable rule to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, TJ's are OK for rear seat passengers. They use the term overhead protection.

I should have said that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Dale

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
too bad that's our welcome weekend run up here with lots of freshmen grils riding along and then a kegger at my house. I'm an eagle scout and would love to give some scouts a ride in the buggy. I got hooked on wheeling when i went for a ride in a lifted bronco while i was working at a boy scout camp.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tater can you try to round up Aaron and Tim please and let me know.

Dale

·
Registered
546 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Tater can you try to round up Aaron and Tim please and let me know.

Dale

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Dale, I'm out. I bought a new truck and me and Robyn's uncle are putting a hitch in it Saturday AM. If we get done early there's a chance I could catch up with you but you know how that stuff goes. Sounds like fun though, Tim's out too, his jeep is still laying in the shop.
Aaron. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

1 - 11 of 11 Posts