Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in the middle of Alaska, wheels aren't so easy to come by. I can get some custom wheels built for $65 that are 15x8 5 on 5.5", with 2.5" of backspacing. I can't locate any junkyard wheels that fit a Samurai period (2 junkyards). So, I can order some AR 767's with 4" backspacing, or I can always order the Petroworks wheels, but I run into a lot of added cost in shipping. My question is, can I get by with 4" of backspacing, on a 5.5" RRO SPOA? What's gonna rub? Would I need a .5" or 1" shackle lift? All help is appreciated, money's tight up here, saving up for some wool mittens for winter next month.

jason

G

·
umm i dont think it would rub but you could also get those 2" backspacing plates from RRO im making my shackles...not that big of a deal i could come up with some plans...you might want to put the rear spring up front giving you about .75" lift...with a shackle what ever you put on it subtract it by half B/C thats the actually size of the lift your going to get!!!!!!!!

G

·
I ran 31's on 4" BS and no rub and then went to the 33x15.50's and had to buy 2"BS wheels to get the tires out of the springs. if you dont run your tires too wide you should be ok. to keep out of the fenders I would put in a 2" body lift cheap easy and way better than shackles to get lift it will drive alot better. You can body lift it for 30 bucks. if you want 2"BS wheels call Scogin Enterprises in Clarksville TN. They will sell you Bart Wheels for about 40 bucks each Or Smileys in Ft. Worth TX both have websites you will find them in yahoo.

88sami,GRS2,5.12gears,SR front,3/4 elliptic rear Chevy PS, 33x15.50 Swampers,it aint about pretty either!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.