Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
It still runs like it did the day I bought it.

If the floors weren't so rusty, I might get another 200K out of it.
Hey man, good to see ya still plugging away. Do what I did, find yourself some sheet metal and spend a week or 2 cutting out the rotted stuff and patching in some new. All I had laying around was some 3/16th sheet, so that's what I used, I figure it could just about take a blast from an IED or sumtin, LOL. (Well probably not really, but it is damned stout and will far out live the rest of my pile).

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Mine is getting to the point that I am about ready to sell it or scrap it. Just way to many abused miles and I have way to many vehicles to keep up with them all :( It has served me well for over 16 years and the 150K I put on it. WIll see if I cant squeeze this winter out of it and then it's got to go.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Well what can ya say. There are only so many things that can be done to an XJ, only so many things you can talk about, and eventually 99.99% has been said, combined with some of the peeps that used to hang here and would drive people away by saying things like "there is a search function, use it" instead of trying to be helpful, or would be out right unhelpful by giving poor or wrong advice, so that kept new people from wanting to get involved. I have seen it happen on other sites. You get some cranky A holes or keyboard rambo's who think because the read it on a web site somewhere, they and only they have the answers. Really kills the community aspect. There are a few of us still lurking around here though.:D

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Nix, living in the rust belt as I do, seeing another pre-97 Cherokee on the road does not happen often anymore.
I live up in rustout North Dakota, and still drive mine. Of course all that 3/16 sheet metal I used to replace the floor on the driver side all the way back and the entire rear floor in the hatch area, and the 1/4 wall 2x3 box tubing I used to fix the rockers will still be around after the rest of it has rotted away. :D:D:D

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
And Kraby, good to see you alive, but shouldn't you be asleep?
I work(ed) nights and that was the normal "evening hours" for me. I am laid off currently so now I tend to be awake at a more "normal for around here" time. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.