Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, I met up with Jeff for a while, and never saw Chris. Hope you guys had fun, maybe well, catch up with you next time. Sorry if you waited on me, we were waiting on someone who never showed up.

Here's some of my picts. It was just a Day trip for me, but it was fun. Still loading picts, but here's a couple.

Let's not forget, My suspension is still OE!! so no poking too much fun at me!

This one was pretty steep, and the dirt was like Talcom Powder about 3-5" deep. Man it was fun!

This is the same steep hill,what a great shot huh?

Tons more picts, just got to get them loaded and I'll drop a link.

Brent

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NC, about 60 miles south of High Point/Grenesboro area

don't know if this will work from Yahoo Maps, but....look for the red star.

[img]http://imgi.maps.yahoo.com/mapimage?MAPData=9P.prPhyzy3oKq.GBwrpTX9OomaFCFOthKfoUfIA2CnJdrd_LTfswoFjqgT3kBi.RCryixqefkjH035xFH1ZSqheGZZY0_PlwKEJnqymZUiLP7cQQdotkvQ8Xt6ffiHu

brent

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I would like to learn some more about this place, the map link did not work. I just got back from my vacation and am looking at planning something for next year.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's little bit about it

http://cnc.4x4.org/trails/uwharrie_tr.htm

Other than that, If you're comming form IN, I'd probably make it worth my while and go to Tellico instead, Closer and tougher. Uwharrie only has three "most dificult" trails and I drove all of them. I've only been wheelin a handfull of times and am just a novice really. looked like good capming and the trails were fun. there was only one thing I wasn't able to do there and that's called Kodak Rock. I just don't have the clearance for that. I watched a guy ina YJ with a Klune-V make it look like a cake walk. He was pushing like 260:1 crawl ratio or something in that range. a bit overkill for Uwharrie, but still bad as hell to watch thing crawl.

Look on the site link I supplied, they have links to maps on there. I'd guess about 25 miles of trails. Supposibly, when it's wet it gets real tricky. But it was a Dust bowl this weekend. Tough parts were, spots of jagged rock, and inclines of about... guessing ....30 degrees, felt like 45
covered with 4-5" deep Dust that was like as soft and slick as talcom powder. mostly trail riding though, pop the clutch and let her go by herself. I'm running a T-150, D20 and 3.54 gears, and I didn't have a problem, that's a wopping 23:1 gear ratio.

Brent

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
thanks for the info. My brother lives near greensboro, so I thought it might be a cheap vacation for me. also I am just a novice too, basicly stock tj

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
G-boro, then it would be a good day trip. about an hour down there, and $5 to ride all day. If you do come down, let me know, I'll go down there with you.

Brent

·
Registered
854 Posts
Any one go to the work day?

Did you happen to see any of the Forest Service and the volunteers participating in the Uhwarrie Work Day? This weekend was their workday. I understand they have had little turnout in the recent workdays. Which has not helped the local clubs that push for more trails and tougher trails. I see some of those pics are from the 'rock garden' built last year. A larger one could have been built, but without the volunteers, it's hard to do.

G

·
Try those hills on a rainy day.. it makes them so much more fun, and daniel turns into a winch hill!

Just ask Elusive... ahh the good old days. I miss the weekend trips out there.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
JR.. heck no.. I have never winched in Uwharrie...
sure is odd... I was there all weekend.. didnt see you guys at all..
i think the pics are my old posted pics with your jeeps photochopped in.. jeeze.. some folks will try anything to look like wheelers...
just kidding.. there are lots of trails out there.. I was on kodak when you were on daniel or something.. I spent more time wheeling then ever before.. I think i was in the woods for about 30 hours..no breakdowns from any of our group.(well I toasted a steering stabilizer) heres a pic from our trip.
notice its the same hill as you... but I'm on the hard line LOL...and...well...my crawl ratio appears to be a llittle better since all my tires are on the ground..lol

Attachments

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep, that looks pretty familiar. and PIPE DOWN ABOUT MY PHOTOCHOP JOB!
and hey, there's nothing wrong with a little air time

Wish I had 30 hrs. out there to play.

Brent

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.