Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
back from tellico (pic\'s)

here are a couple of pic's my buddy in the sami snapped while we were in tellico 2 weks ago. we had a blast. things have changed there since i was there in 98. lower to is awsome!!! it is quite a bit harder than it was in 98. i ran it several times but never did get the first pic. probably because it was night all 3 times. anywa here is a few pic's chris took. that is his chopped up, lengthend, sami on d44's, wrangler springs, and 36 sx's. that thing will flat out get it!!!

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: back from tellico (pic\'s)

another of guard rail. they should call it safety net now because of the big steel cable safty net they made to replace the old guardrail.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,833 Posts

Nice Picts man, looks like you had a blast!

·
Registered
4,893 Posts

you liking the new meats?
looks like you got it good.. actually... I have heard that lower 2 isnt as hard as it was last year... last year it was insane.. folks were snapping d-60's like twigs all over the place

·
Registered
1,483 Posts

Cool pics.. Looks like too many jeeps were getting their rear quarters eaten up by the rail, hence the new cable..
When y'all going back?
Ricky...seeya...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Cool pics Brian!
Looks like you guys had a blast! Bret

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

z50k2, well i probably won't go back for at least another year. i live in texas so it is quite a haul out there. chris in the sami lives in atlanta and bobby lives in beaufort sc. so they may be available soon. chris is waiting on his 6to1 t-case and bobby is doing some rework on his 401powered 1ton yj.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

elusive, yep the 42's are great! i can really tell a diff dragging clearance gain in the rocks. the down side is of coarse with taller tires the jeeps gets taller and feels more tippy. the massive and soft sidewals tent to roll under the rim when on a side hill at low pressures. not a whole lot but more than my old 38.5 sx's. this makes more of a tippy feeling. when i build my fj40 buggy in a year or so i plan to make it atleast 3" shorter and a bit narrower than my current setup. this will help the tippy feeling. over all the 42's are great and really make big rock seem small.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.