Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rolled in about a half hour ago. Toby should have gotten home about the same time. Where's Tater, Rio and Crazy Eddie? They should have checked in hours ago.

We had a swell time. Nothing broken. Not much bent - my front bumper, but the two-pounder put it back almost as well as it had been. There was a little other body damage, but nothing catastrophic.

The mud at Redbird must be 60% bearing grease. I never in my lilfe had so much trouble with little stuff that I never would have considered a challenge. Aaron and Austin pretty much went where they wanted, including fording a small lake, but everyone else needed help at least a few times.

Tom and Dee were wonderfull hosts, and set up a handy shower in a back yard maple tree for the mud-caked. Which we all were. Aaron brought burgers and some of the best pork sausage I've ever had. Dee's potato salad and lots more fixin's were wonderfull. I'm not sure who brought the rest of the food, but a guy would have to sew his mouth shut to go hungry, and it was ALL delicious. And the chili and egg breakfast went over well with no immediate casualties.

Frank's son, Frankie and his bride Jessica had a great time on their first wheeling outing, didn't break anything, and showed up us old fahrts getting through some tricky terraine.

That's all for now. I've got to go shovel out the van and probably sink the Jeep in a lake to soak the mud off.

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And by popular demand, here's my chili recipe:

JIM’S EXCELLENT CHILI Rev. 25

5 Lbs.Coarse ground beef
4 Lb. Coarse ground pork
1 Gallon tomatoes, chopped
1 Gallon tomato sauce
3 Large green peppers
3 Large yellow onions
1 1/4 Cup chili powder
1/2 Cup powdered cumin
1/2 Clove garlic
1/2 Tablespoon cayenne
2 Cup Masa corn flower
2 Tablespoons salt
1/2 Gallon water

Drain liquid off the tomatos and save.
Throw tomatoes and tomato sauce into Large Pot.
Separately brown beef and pork and Throw Into Large Pot.
Dice garlic, peppers and onions and TILP.
Heat Large Pot of stuff to near boil as quickly as possible, stirring constantly.
Mix flour, water, spices, tomato liquid and salt to runny goo and TILP.
Heat to boil as quickly as possible.
Eat it up.

Makes about 4 gallons.

Depending on the quality of the cayenne, it may turn out mild or pretty darn hot.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Where's Tater, Rio and Crazy Eddie? They should have checked in hours ago.

[/ QUOTE ]
We got in a couple of hours ago. The good ole "own bed" just looked too tempting, so Kathy and I crashed for a while.
Oddly enough, when I woke up, nobody had stopped by and mowed my grass for me yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
Aaron peeled away from the love train at the turn to Tim's house. I think he needed a little cuddle time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
but everyone else needed help at least a few times.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just once, thank you very much!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Tom and Dee were wonderfull hosts,

[/ QUOTE ]
They always are. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif to them again!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Frank's son, Frankie

[/ QUOTE ]
Drag him to the board. Resistence is futile. He will be assimilated.

It was great to see everyone again, and I'm pretty sure I'll need side surgery from all of the laughs. What a great bunch of people.
We didn't get too many pictures, all of 2-3 I think, but Dee got several and when Tom sends them to me I'll make a page.
Until next time, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Back from Redbird

[/ QUOTE ]
BTW, how'd you like Redbird?
Would you be interested in another trip there sometime?
Still lots to see, and a little more centrally located for you/me.
Austin said that there IS a non-primitive camping place near there, so we wouldn't even have to home-invade the good people next time.

·
Registered
11,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could certainly do it again. It's only about 3 1/2 hours, whereas Attica is close to 5 1/2 - not worth it for one day of wheeling. But I've GOT to get some new rim protectors first. I hate that helpless feeling of slicks on greasy mud.

And there's Rockport too. That's probably as close to you as Redbird is to me.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
"Tom and Dee were wonderfull hosts"

Its easy being a good host when you have such a great group of guests. We loved every minute of it, we're worn out, but mostly from overeating and laughing for 36 straight hours. What a great time! Already making plans for the next outing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif

·
Registered
344 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Its easy being a good host when you have such a great group of guests

[/ QUOTE ]

We are good guest aren't we! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bag.gif

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Sorry, Tom.
I knew I should have unplugged her keyboard!!

I got your pictures, and made a quick/ugly page of them and ours.
They're Right Here.

This one is really good of Eddie. Too bad that ugly hillbilly Aaron had to be in it too.

Here's an idea, LET'S DO IT AGAIN SOON!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
I had a great tiame also. the front wheel bearing held out until I turned into the driveway, then a loud bang. It still rolls but won't be going down the road till I overhaul the front end. Really happy I did not have to change it on the road. I think I ate enough good food to last a while. Wife was bumed when I got home cause she didn't make it.

Great Hosts, great weekend!! Just bee carefull what king of Bloody Mary mix you buy in Worthington,, splerge for the extra quarter!!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Aaron peeled away from the love train at the turn to Tim's house. I think he needed a little cuddle time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ya, Timmy was missing my scent, missing my musk. Took him out to Chili's for a few beers but the bartender was ugly so we decided to pack a cooler and go road tripping. We stumbled home around 8 or 9, not sure things were gettin kinda fuzzy. Robyn was so glad to see me (even though I'd been back for 8 hours without seeing her) that she made Tim leave immediately after we had a couple more beers and proceeded to take me to Pleasure Town.(Anchorman) Have I ever mentioned that my life ROCKS!! Another weekend filled with wheeling, alcoholism and even a little nookie. Thanks a lot for the hospitality Tom and Dee! Oh, by the way Jim Lou I'll take credit for the Pork but that inferior meat(beef) was brought by Jeff. Good times were had by all. Tell Toby to Git Er Done if you see him.
Stay classy San Diego!!
I'm Ron Burgundy??
Later, Aaron /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
I'm Ron Burgundy??

[/ QUOTE ]
The best part of the weekend was listening to Aaron play his Jazz flute into the wee hours.......

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Now I want to go rent the movie!!!

Looks like although the bearing is bad, might have been the uper ball joint that made the big pop. What an expensive piece of perfection!!!

G

·
Glad to hear everyone made it home good! I had a great time this weekend! Thanks to all for putting up with my "glow" on friday night.

We will have to do it again when it gets a little cooler outside.

Aaron tell T*ts Magee I siad Hi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.