Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
B/S for TSL\'s

I bought some rims second hand.
15x8 with 3 3/4" B/space.
I can move the centre what looks like another inch or so.
So will 2 1/2" to 2 3/4" B/S be enough for 32x9.5 TSL's ??
Cheers
Alfie

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Re: B/S for TSL\'s

easy, those are skinny tires. I got a 31x9.50 on a stock rim with just a hair of rub off-road

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

alf... go to a local machine shop and get them to make you a set of spacers.... not that much trouble to set 10 holes on a 5.5 pattern and counterbore them for the lug nuts and studs.......... would probably be cheaper than cutting the wheels and moving the centers...... and lots easier to balance

·
Registered
7,958 Posts

The 8" wide rim will be TOO wide for the 32x9.5 tire. It's the tire I run, and I love them. I used a stock Zuk rim (5.5" wide), and have even blown a bead off the rim with that setup. I inverted the center of the front rims, so they're sitting at 2" BS now, and it works awesome, the rears are stock. I'm going to try and find someone to make some 15x5" wide rims with 2" backspacing, or even 1.5" (for a little wider stance). At rest the bead on the 9.5" wide tires sit at 4.5", so it's not too narrow.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

The TSL Radials stay's on the rim better than the Bias Ply does.
The Bias has thicker/stiffer side walls (tuffer) that makes them de-bead more at low preesures.
I run 33X12.50's on an 8" rim, I run down in the 4-4.5 psi range without problems (no beadlocks).

·
Registered
7,958 Posts

He mentioned the 32x9.5's, which are a bias tire. I also have the 33x12.5 bias, mounted on an 8" rim, and run the fronts at 6 psi and the rears at 4 psi, with no problems. They're 8 ply though, and the 32x9.5's are only 6 ply. You're right about them dismounting easier, they are on the stiff side, but when I dismounted one of mine, I could hardly tell. It looks worse here because I'm on a rut, it looked fairly normal when on level ground, and there was a lot of snow, so no one noticed. I did manage to re-seat the bead (on the Zuk, we were in a rush), but now I have some dirt/rocks/water inside that I have to remove.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks all.
Tell me tho' wouldn't tubes save losing a bead at low pressure?
I don't use them but the clubs expect all trucks to use them.
Alfie

·
Registered
2,890 Posts

Tubes are easily pinched or punctured with stuff that comes in past the bead. danged if you do, danged if you don't. Pick your poison!

-Outlaw, Why? Because it can!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.