Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm being dragged kicking and screaming to Mesa for Turkey day and will have the Friday after all to myself (wife going shopping). Are there any trails within an hour or so from there? I'm not looking for anything too hard core since I'll have to drive the Jeep back to LA on Saturday.
Any suggestions?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There are some fantastic trails in an area close by. The superstition mountains have many trails, from mild to wild, beyond even. Try checking out www.az4x4.net for some info. Also try Mr. Eds page he may have some info about that area.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you're looking for something scenic that won't have a chance of breaking your Jeep, try a trip through the Bradshaw Mtns. off I-17.

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FNG, I keep meaning to answer your post on the jeepsunlimited forum but Im always at work and I dont have my password there.

I belong to a great club of Arizona Jeep owners. There is outings every weekend and on most free days. The group holds all discussions through email so you will have to join at least temporarily to see whats happening during that timeframe. Lots of people do the exact same thing... they are planning a trip to Arizona so they join the group to find out whats going on during their stay. Some remain members, others "unsubscribe" once they have completed their stay.

Have a look if you are interested....once a member you will have access to archived msgs also. You would be able to get a feel for the type of people involved and what they drive.

http://www.egroups.com/group/az_vjc/info.html

Regards,

LarryM
85 CJ7, 350TBI ,T19 4spd
'00 TJ Sport

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you're in Mesa, just take the Superstition to I-10, to I-17 North. Once you get out of the Phoenix metro area, up past Glendale,
pretty soon you will see a large mountain range on your left, you'll see signs for places like Bloody Basin. Prescott is on the other
side of the Bradshaws. I think it is Tonto Natl. Forest (I may be wrong, it's been a while), you mght want to pick up a forest map.
From Mesa, if traffic isn't so bad, I'd say you'd be in the area in an hour or so. There are any number of places you can go once you
get there, but there is an interesting road that goes right through them. Those mountains are loaded with old mines.

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great, so this is the type of thing that I can spend a few hours kinda pokin' around and do some four wheel drive sigh seeing if I want to? Like I said, I'll be driving there and back to LA in the Jeep so this may be the way to go since I'll be by myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.