Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to control axle wrap on a spring over. I already added a full length add-a-leaf but I still get some wrap under hard excelleration

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The thing about PartsMike control arm is he wants approx $200.00 for it. If you have the right tools (welder, etc) you could easily (fairly) fabricate this yourself and save mucho $$$. I figure you could save at least $100 if not more fab'ing it yourself.

Jim O'Brien
[email protected]
My jeep page

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try the Anti Axle Wrap Bars from Trail Sport Unlimited in Colton,Ca. 909-825-2818 A fellow club member put these on his SOA Wrangler
and they work great. No axle wrap, even with his Ford 5.0L V-8.

Gary

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Probably more. Mines $7 worth of 1.25" .120 tubing and $36 worth of heims. Used an old shackle that I had laying around and about a bucks worth of 1/4" plate to fab the shackle mount for the crossmember and about $3 worth of rod. So total cost was about $47. I believe his design is a single bar design which I have never seen work as well as an A frame that connects to 2 points (top and bottom) of the axle and one on the frame side. The A frame allows no axle rotation but allows full range of movement otherwise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.