Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know the weights of a wagoneer model 20, a dana 35c, a dana 44, a dana 60? Just for the sake of curiosity and shipping costs. Any axle weight is handy, i have no idea of what they are even close to weighing in at.

'95 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
33"s, snorkel, 1000+ RTI, Warn xd9000i

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
AMC M20.... Light... Can be carried by a normal guy...
D35c ... Same as above prolly lighter...
D44... can be lifted and moved by a big guy easier with 2
D60 .... Hard with 2 big guys easier with 3....
This prolly dont help much but Im 6' and 170lbs and can move a
M20 around pretty easy...
Dustin

JeepChild

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so i guess the axles are between 100 and 200 lbs. with the dana 35 around 100 and the d60 around 200?

'95 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
33"s, snorkel, 1000+ RTI, Warn xd9000i

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think they are much more then that. I moved a M20 a couple of weeks ago with someone and it was really heavy.
A corp 14bolt (closest to a D60 I guess) weighs almost 600 lbs. So says petersons 4wheel & off-road
Granted I am only 5'6" 150 but the guy I was with is 6'2" and a all around big guy
Brent

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
I'm 5'10" and 150 and me and my skinny ******* buddy could both carry a rear D44 by ourselves, just barely. The front...two two of us together could barely move it...of course it was covered in grease and hard to keep ahold of. On the plus side- the brakes were in great shape still! Score another for the junkyard dogs!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just shipped a Ford 8.8 from Albany NY to Birmingham AL for $73 by AMTRAK. It was 263lbs with the rotors and callipers plus a skimpy pallet. That was with $700 insurance as well.
Aaron.
Ottawa Ontario.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.