Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found a good deal on some Wagoneer axles. I was wanting any input that you could possibly give me about them, either good or bad. I have a CJ-7 with a Quadratech x-fer, narrow track. I found some axles from a 77 Wagoneer with a Quadratech x-fer, pumpkins on the same sides as mine. Does anyone know of any bad things about these axles for this particular year. I have heard of trouble mounting the spring perches when spring over, I will go spring under. I was thinking about a swap using scout axles, but I did not want to deal with the 0 caster. Are there any downfalls to these wagoneer axles that I will have to deal with either now or in the future? Will I have to get custom driveshafts made or can I use the ones already on my CJ-7.The guy said that they were Dana 44 axles. Basically, I want to know what all trouble I am going to run into with this swap before I buy the things. THANX

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif 1976 CJ-7,CHEVY 350, 33'S, 3" LIFT, THAT COVERS MOST OF THE MAJOR STUFF /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Wagoneer axles are good axles to use for he swap. Both are Dana 44. Are you getting wide track or narrow track axles? The rear axle is already spring over. The front is spring under. You can mount the springs outboard of the frame. I just found a set of '79 Cherokee wide track axles for my cj-5 and this is what I'll be doing. e-mail me if you have any other questions. [email protected]

Lee

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
if the axles came from a wagoneer they are narrow track, there was never a wide track wagoneer, only CHEROKEE

Good choice Id say! Im looking for some NON qtrack wag axles from my late 70s CJ5

PERKINS,
Are you sure youll be able to stand those wide track axles? man they are REALLY wide, Ive got a widetrack Cherokee, its sitting in front of my CJ and I swear there is HUGE difference, Id bet the tires wont be under the flares AT ALL!

later

OzarkJeep
NW Arkansas, need a Jeep T18a CJ or truck!!

·
Official Historian
8,275 Posts
hey ozark. if you have a quadratrac dana 44 from a wagoneer with 3.54 gears, i might be willing to trade for the dana 44 rear axle that i have under the rear of my jeep now. i need something with a little more offset. it's just been completely rebuilt with new gears and bearings in october. (it's from a 70 wagoneer.)

79/CJ-7/AMC360/TH400/Q-TRAC/d30/d44/33's/RS9000s/Herculiner

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
I dont have one Will

but im working a deal at a buddy's salvage yard to get a bunch of stuff, and I know there is one out there, if its a cheap package deal Ill snag one for you!

OzarkJeep
NW Arkansas, need a Jeep T18a CJ or truck!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Springing over wagoneer axles would be a lot easier than springing over scout2 axles. As a matter of fact it's not really that hard. They should definately dana 44s. I'm sure you have already realized you'll need new rims, but it shouldn't be a very hard swap and should net good results. And as far as wide track axles being to wide, I'm lookind for a set for my CJ "E Aho Laula"
Travis

Inquire about my witty original saying contest/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.