Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I know, it's not what you'd call a tech-tip, but it's a cheap one!!!
After trimming my fenders with the always to much fun Plasma Cutter I still had some openings to seal up between the outer and inner fender wall. I don't always have access to welding equipment so I couldn't fuse the 2-piece fenders back together properly. So what did I do you ask??? Well try not to laugh to hard but FOAM INSULATION baby, it worked great! Yes the same stuff Bob Villa uses to enhance his physical anatomy with??? I just sprayed this stuff up inside the two fender-walls excessively no-doubt, and waited for it to dry, then trimmed it all down with a knife, slapped a little paint on it and walla all water-tight and sealed again. It's not for the fashion-minded fourwheeler, but it works great and now I just need to slap-on some cheap fender-flares and it's a done deal.
I'll admitt, a busted a nut laughing while I was doing it myself, but it actually turned out pretty good! Not bad for $9.99 and a bit of time???

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gifIt's not the Biggest, but at least I use it!/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey next time you are S.O.L. and need a welder try some welding rod, jumper cables and a few car batteries. scary as it is it actually works, and if you are at all a reasonable welder you can have acceptable results.

- Tim
- [email protected]
- Far East 4x4

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's true I didn't even think of that method, but at the same time this believe it or not worked out pretty damn good??? Cheesy yes, but effective!
Like I said not for fashion only function!
Besides Tim, what left of the body isn't really worth that much time and effort anymore??? hahahaha..lol:)

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gifIt's not the Biggest, but at least I use it!/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am getting to know that feeling. My girlfriend asked me the other day why I never washed my truck, so I cleaned off a spot to expose a huge gouge in the paint that runs almost the length of my truck, and she understood.

- Tim
- [email protected]
- Far East 4x4

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hahahaha Hilarious! Welcome to my world my friend! It's raining here now as I speak, so my truck is being washed right now after-all???
It's funny but my truck looks newer when it's dirty also!!!

Chris J.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is true!
Mine is a little different? "I'm not content till the roof has a dent"???
The only problem is I have a couple too many, I think?

Chris J.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I sent them over to the Compu-Nerd dept. here at work so they could scan them in for me, but they haven't done them yet??

I should take a couple rolls of film, just for an ouch page???

Chris J.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sure, will do!

Chris J.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One thing you forgot chris, the ultimate *******-sheik. DUCT TAPE! Fixes anything. Buddy of mine crashed his 2wd yota a number of years back. We used three bungee cords and some duct tape to hold the valance panel and grille on so he could drive home. This was after using my truck to pull the sheet metal off the tire (via tow strap). I always get a kick of the guys that use al. cans for a bondo substitute also. The other good one is putting as much trash in your floorboards if you dont have drain plugs, to keep out the water! LOL, just a few little additions! Im with Tim, gimme pics when you get them!

Happy Trails
Wade Colvard
[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Trust me Wade, I didn't forget! I just didn't want to scare anyone but with the body damage to my rear quarter panel I was using duck-tape to fill the mangled metal hole around my tail-light assembly. Now I removed the duct tape and sealed it back up with the same Foam! Hahahahah , I know, I know, but hey good enough for now!

Chris J.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I hear ya! I've said it before and I'll say it again "Function not Fashion" for me please!

"Why dress it up, if you don't take it out"?

Chris J.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Duct tape rules, To see some Duct tape in action go here http :/ /amstel. wins. uva. nl /~toddd /Pics /nis Stockfront .jpg Look right behind the direction and you will find....MARINE QUALITY DUCT TAPE. This is not the cheesey grey stuff, You can use it as a tow strap! J/K

Throw it in reverse and grab second
www.dreamwater.com/todbug

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Duct tape rules, To see some Duct tape in action go here http :/ / amstel. wins . uva . nl / ~toddd / Pics / nis Stockfront .jpg Look right behind the direction and you will find....MARINE QUALITY DUCT TAPE. This is not the cheesey grey stuff, You can use it as a tow strap! J/K

Throw it in reverse and grab second
www.dreamwater.com/todbug

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I see you got all three point across, trigger happy were we? Hey have you ever tried that aluminum duck-tape i've heard some damn good things about it?

Chris J.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts